Manpower

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

Great pay low experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bremerton, WA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Bremerton, WA

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

can have the best hours available depending on what you want to work

Cons

high stress all the time

I loved the management system

591 Other Employee Reviews for Manpower (View Most Recent)

Need work

Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Temporary Worker in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Manpower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My local manpower office supervisors were courteous and friendly whenever I made a personal visit to them. They cooperated with my requests and acted professionally.

Cons

The office is understaffed. During my time with them it was nearly impossible to speak to someone directly on the phone no matter the time of day I called. Frequently, my voice mails were not returned right away. As if this isn't bad enough, they only made one visit to the client I was assigned to during my employment. It was my impression that temporary agencies have the same responsibilities for employee safety and welfare issues as any other employer. It seems difficult to believe that only making one on site visit in an 8 month period that they could be monitoring any concerns of their employees with any degree of effectiveness.

Increase the staff in Lafayette, IN.

Very unprofessional

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vestal, NY

I worked at Manpower as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Good if you want to stay in the same temporary job over and over.

Cons

They only work to make quota and don't care about the people who are actually working for them (us)

I would not recommend this company to anyone. I was hired a year ago for a temp. job. I was there every day, on time and very professional. When that assignment ended, I was called back when it began again. I worked that assignment three times, always on first shift, which I was promised. Then I was called back a fourth time, but she put me on second shift. So I found other work. When that job did not work out, I contacted my agent to let her know that I am available again and she basically told me that I was not welcome there again because I did not give two weeks notice. I informed her that she did not give me two weeks notice that I would be on second shift instead of first shift and had she put me on first shift, I would not have taken another job until that assignment was over. Also, in the year I've been with them, she only offered me one other position, of which I was not qualified for. She was keeping me stuck in this one temporary job that only lasts 2-3 weeks, each time. Her responses to me were very egotistical and self serving, basically bragging about how good she is at her job. If she were that good, I would have had a full time position a year ago. I know others who have been through the same thing with the same person. I would not recommend this company (at least the Vestal branch) to anyone.

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower