There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

Work in a good environment

Former Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK
Former Employee - Instructor in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Manpower as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

My assignment was something I sought out on my own, and then I was told hiring went through manpower - and I was happy I accepted. Payroll was easy and consistent, new-hire paperwork was clear, and my job was great. Lots of opportunities for placement with them once job was complete.

Cons

I would have prefered to be on the city's payroll, but manpower was great. They were more hands-off than I expected, but I was pleased with that - it allowed for my working relationships with my supervisor to grow.

581 Other Employee Reviews for Manpower (View Most Recent)

Constantly changing priorities and focus.

Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent benefits. For the most part, nice people work there.

Cons

Manpower tries to deploy current trending marketing and sales methods without relying on good old fashioned common sense. Of course, the company is very large and it is not easy to implement a uniform strategy, but there is no wiggle room for independent thinking and the human element.

You are not as "current" as you think you are. People from different parts of the country think and act differently. Give people goals, but stop subscribing to KPI Metrics that do not include a margin for entrepreneurial motivation but dictate all sales activities. Stop micro-managing people.

Review of Manpower

Current Employee - Administrative Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Administrative Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor (more than 10 years)

Pros

At one time I could count on the Agency for better than intermittent employment!

Cons

I believe that Manpower is "age sensitive". After I reached the age of 60, I have no longer been contacted for assignments. I have had no "bad press" regarding my handling my assignments, and all of my executive/administrative/clerical talents remain in tact. Even as I contact Manpower of my availability...I am never contacted. (Note: I've been associated with Manpower since early 1980.

Seek not what's on the outside, but consider the "inside" experience!

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower