There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

Horrible management practices

Former Employee - Recruiter  in  Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Recruiter in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Manpower full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice to help people find jobs, but...

Cons

I experience a veritable "what not to do" management team while employed here. Gossip about employees, clients; backstabbing each other; faking drug tests and background checks: you name it, it was done. Most horrible experience I've ever had with "professionals."

Quit and get some counseling.

624 Other Employee Reviews for Manpower (View Most Recent)

High turnover. Not a great place for salespeople

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Manpower full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of nice people working in the branch offices. Can feel meaningful at times. You will have a great network of hiring managers when you need to look for new work, which will likely be just under 90 days after your start date.... unless you have a huge portfolio of existing clients to bring in the door with you.

Cons

Salespeople beware. They will promise you great potential and high commissions but the sales goals are unrealistic and unattainable and the job fill rates are embarrassing. Many salespeople are micro-managed out the door. Commission structure keeps changing and sales leadership has "churn and burn" attitude towards sales people. Twenty were laid off while twenty-eight were sitting in sales training to replace them. Keep the job you have. Not worth the risk to come here. Many of us are planning our exit strategies.

Revamp current sales leadership and sales training team. They have limited sales experience in this space and are costing MP a LOT of money in training and turnover. MP needs true B2B solution selling and relationship building approach and not used car sales techniques. Take some direction from Experis (Comsys/Jefferson Wells).

Recruiters were not very honest

Former Employee - Stock Clerk  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Former Employee - Stock Clerk in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at Manpower as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I cannot think of any pros since i was just given the job without an interview working at Wal-Mart since they just had potential candidates fill out applications at the unemployment office and ManPower was just giving assignment to candidates as long as they passed a drug test.

Cons

The Recruiter was not very knowledgeable in answering questions about the temporary assignment working at Wal-Mart.
    I was told the assignment was for 12 weeks and the job was only for one day during the holidays in October 2009.
    I was never told at the beginning of the assignment on how I was to clock in.
    Wal-Mart was not very clear on how the temporary employees were suppose to get their schedules and Manpower wasn't very clear on who I was suppose to report to since I was given the name to one person and I was told to report to someone else.
    Could never get an answer from ManPower on why the assignment was less than expected.

Have recruiters who are knowlegable in the company and can answer question on how a staffing agency work since many job seekers are not familiar to using a staffing agency for help.

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!