There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

I am very proficient for manpower

Current Employee - Production Worker in Pineville, LA
Current Employee - Production Worker in Pineville, LA

I have been working at Manpower as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Best reason to work here is togain experience and knowledge.

Cons

Challenges for this company working with other employees that are lazy.

578 Other Employee Reviews for Manpower (View Most Recent)

Good Things, but Buyer Beware

I worked at Manpower as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Enjoyed the assignment I was placed into, thoroughly.
    Felt the compensation was good for the role I was in.
    Weekly, directly deposited pay was nice.
    Onsite Supervisor was always helpful at answering questions or providing assistance

Cons

Unfortunately, my experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth about temporary employment.

The Onsite Supervisor made it seem like there was a strong chance of temp-to-hire occurring with the job I was at. The way everything was phrased to me gave me the distinct impression that either I would be added to permanent staff if the client liked my work and they were able to complete such a hire, fiscally...or...they would "not be able to add anyone". Given the assignment and the client, I thought this was a good, calculated risk to take regarding my employment needs.

To make a long story a little short, a position opened up, and I was in fact interviewed for it. But I was interviewed along with multiple external candidates as well, and I was not offered the position. In getting feedback from client management, I was essentially told that the details I had been shared - wherein I thought it was "either they'll hire you, or they can't add to staff" - were not accurate. The role I filled had always been a temp position, nothing more.

When I sought clarification from the Onsite Supervisor about this discrepancy, I was told - after the fact - that if I had not been informed completely of how that would have worked regarding temp-to-hire, the Supervisor was "Sorry for the misunderstanding".

It was too late for me to be angry about what had happened, but if I had known that before I started the assignment, I might have taken it differently.

To top it off, when seeking a next assignment, the Placement Specialist attempted to place me in jobs where I had zero skills, and at much lower pay. The Specialist then promptly transferred, and nobody at the company, or the Specialist, bothered to tell me until the replacement showed up.

The replacement Specialist has been moderately more helpful, but as of this writing, I am not on an assignment with them, and I frankly have no desire to go back on one with them.

You have to make processes crystal clear to your prospective employees. If a job is temp-to-hire, and I will be expected to compete with strangers off the street who have more experience than me, make that clear. If you'll try to put me in another job, but hey, it may be nothing like what you just did...that'd have been a nice heads up too. And train your people to give employees a courtesy notice when they're going to disappear and transfer, hm? That'd be appreciated too.

Short-lived opportunity. I was hired & highly motivated. Two months later, our Team was required on a conference call

Former Employee - Recruiter in Madison, IN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Madison, IN

I worked at Manpower full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoyed working from home & the position required self-motivation. The wage and benefits were good.

Cons

My Team was working on a contract project. Our goals were not clearly defined. Management one level above was not ready to handle this operation. We were "let go" on a conference call.

Training was good although not well thought out by the client. HR should have reached out to field recruiters when contract was pulled to discuss "what's next". This is an employment company, so why not try to keep trained individuals?

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower