There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

Manpower - Needed Changes Quick!

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Manpower

Pros

Friendly office environment, 'semi' competent managment, those I supported were friendly and knowledgeable (as long as you didn't ask them to step out of their box in any way, shape or form), friendly co-workers (at the same level)

Cons

Management who got their jobs through nepotism, not through any 'actual' job skills ('some' (1-2)were marginally competent as managers, while most were clearly not), those I supported, while appearing friendly and affable, were, at their core, only interested in 'kingdom building', making their own walled empires inside the company, and don't you dare intrude without permission, 'seriously' inadequate benefits (and what was offered was seriously overpriced), Complete inability by Manpower to hang onto the contracts that it aquired (it aquired a five-year contract with IBM from a competitor, and 'so' cheapened 'everything' top to bottom, 'drastically', that IBM cancelled the contract after just one year .. putting 80+ people out of work!)

Not 'everything' is about cost!!!! .. And 'please' hire managers who actually know how to manage! ... Not just sit at their desks all day and delegate 'everything' .. (for the simple reason that they don't know how to do anything other than delegate)

578 Other Employee Reviews for Manpower (View Most Recent)

Engineer

Former Employee - Engineer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Manpower

Pros

They pay on time and don't make any mistakes. They offer benefits if you want to pay for them. Pretty typical for a contract employment company.

Cons

You never know if they are on your side or the client company's side. They don't put any effort into finding you another job after the current one is over. Once again, pretty typical for a contract employment company.

Don't sell yourself or your employees too cheap. Aggressively pursue relationships with other local companies. Keep in touch with previous employees.

Good temp job

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbus, IN
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Columbus, IN

I worked at Manpower

Pros

Manpower offered a great pay rate compared to other temporary agencies I had worked for. Although my job did not turn into full-time, I liked it a lot.

Cons

I was not able to get hired on throught the company I was working for, but it was because of the economic decline.

I would like it if I saw more of the money that the client was paying for my services and better benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower