There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

Can be a good place for students to find quick summer employment.

Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate  in  Elgin, IL
Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Elgin, IL

I worked at Manpower

Pros

It is a good place for students to find summer work, along with anyone else that does not have a college degree. They offer various assignments that differ greatly in work hours, so finding a position at a company that has hours that will not conflict with activities or summer courses will not be too difficult to do. You also can start working very quickly, I started my position less than a week after I first walked in to find out what kind of positions they were looking to fill. All of the staff I met were very helpful and nice.

Cons

There are not always a lot of jobs to choose from and they may not provide you any experience for the future. I was in school for a bachelors in business but was unable to secure a position with much relevance. Many of the jobs are manufacturing based rather than office based. Also, many of the position they were trying to fill at the time I applied were 2nd or 3rd shift, which I had no interest in. Many of the jobs are quite short term, and I believe almost all are only temporary positions. You also don't get paid as much as you would working directly for the company you are contracted to.

Everything seemed fine for the one assignment I took from them. I only needed a short summer position that fit around my other activities, so I really was not there long enough to give much input here.

553 Other Employee Reviews for Manpower (View Most Recent)

Good but could do better

Current Employee - Service  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Service in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

focus on employee retention. There is a genuine concern for employee's welfare

Cons

the work load. Most people carry a work load that is too much to sustain and could cause people to leave the company

listen to the front line workers. They often have the best ideas. Become a place where people want to come to work. Provide more benefits. Offer above market salaries

wouldn't do it again

Current Employee - Staffing Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Staffing Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

agency recruiting experience, location close to home. good way to get foot in the door in the recruiting field.

Cons

upper management has no people skills - great bs'er but cannot manage people except through fear and intimidation. hq has awful infrastructure - right hand does not know what left is doing. also - no corporate credit cards to use for any expenses, have to put out own money and get reimbursed, even for travel - puts huge strain on personal budget!

realize there are actual people working for you, who have homes and families and personal lives, and who want to feel supported, not berated. get corporate credit cards - otherwise asking employees to front their own money is like getting an interest free loan for the cost of doing business!

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!