Manpower
www.manpowergroup.com Milwaukee, WI 5000+ Employees

Can be a good place for students to find quick summer employment.

Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee)
Elgin, IL

ProsIt is a good place for students to find summer work, along with anyone else that does not have a college degree. They offer various assignments that differ greatly in work hours, so finding a position at a company that has hours that will not conflict with activities or summer courses will not be too difficult to do. You also can start working very quickly, I started my position less than a week after I first walked in to find out what kind of positions they were looking to fill. All of the staff I met were very helpful and nice.

ConsThere are not always a lot of jobs to choose from and they may not provide you any experience for the future. I was in school for a bachelors in business but was unable to secure a position with much relevance. Many of the jobs are manufacturing based rather than office based. Also, many of the position they were trying to fill at the time I applied were 2nd or 3rd shift, which I had no interest in. Many of the jobs are quite short term, and I believe almost all are only temporary positions. You also don't get paid as much as you would working directly for the company you are contracted to.

Advice to Senior ManagementEverything seemed fine for the one assignment I took from them. I only needed a short summer position that fit around my other activities, so I really was not there long enough to give much input here.

Manpower: A good company to work with...

Analyst/Developer (Current Employee)
    Lake Forest, IL

I have been working at Manpower

Pros: The recruiters are very nice and easy to work with when searching for jobs and answering questions. The benefits… Cons: Compesation could be better or the amount of benefits covered by Manpower could be more. Furthermore, the 401k plan could be improved with the… Advice to Senior Management: Continue as is except either increase the amount of pay or increase the amount of benefits covered… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Decent to work for

Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Manpower

Pros: flexibility, casual work environment, good direct management Cons: no vacation time, poor benefits Advice to Senior Management: managed services needs to be treated differently than the rest… More
There are newer reviews on Manpower.

Worked for Manpower? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Manpower reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Manpower CEO Jonas Prising. All reviews posted anonymously by Manpower employees.