Great Company for Driven and Motivated Employees -All Others Go Somewhere Else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

Flexibility to work towards what you want in a career. No micro-managing they believe everyone should be a leader and be able to run their day to get their job done. Freedom to be creative and come up with new ideas to better help customers and candidates - innovation is actually encouraged.

Cons

Complex industry that can be tough to understand at first. If you are not a driven top performer you will not be happy there, they foster an atmosphere for people that are do'ers. Most people that leave or do not like Manpower is because they are not good workers that could get the job done.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Manpower was well worth my time.

Former Employee - Programmer in Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Programmer in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at Manpower

Pros

Depending on the employer you are assigned to, the career opportunities are pretty wide open. I worked as a "Programmer" for one of Manpower's clients and ended up doing database development, audit compliance, documenation, some project management as well as programming. It was a very diverse position because the client needed help in a lot of areas. I also appreciated that you could accrue vacation time after a certain period, which I thought was highly unusual for a temp position. Their time entry web tool was very nice and it was great that you didn't have to submit paper timesheets.

Cons

Well it's a temp job so the staff barely know your name but when something bad happens, they pay attention (like I had a personal situation and then they knew who I was). Plus while they do have benefits, they're pretty spendy, like the medical insurance. I also wished I could've gotten the vacation time but you had to be there like 18 months or something. I wish that time span would've been shorter. I once got a "reward" for getting a raise from the client which was a cute little clock, but the battery was dead so I had to pay $10 to get my "reward" to work.

Advice to Management

I think for the most part, everything is pretty well set up. The position listing was simple. The interview process was straightforward and quick. The expectations were fair. What I would recommend is figuring out a way for the representative to make you feel more welcome, as I didn't really feel that. I also would recommend that Manpower, and every other business, create a computerized application system so employees don't have to fill out all those forms by hand. Otherwise, it was a pretty good gig.

Good but could do better

Current Employee - Service in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Service in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Manpower

Pros

focus on employee retention. There is a genuine concern for employee's welfare

Cons

the work load. Most people carry a work load that is too much to sustain and could cause people to leave the company

Advice to Management

listen to the front line workers. They often have the best ideas. Become a place where people want to come to work. Provide more benefits. Offer above market salaries