There are newer employer reviews for Manpower UK

Industry Star? What a load of....

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Manpower UK full-time for more than a year

Pros

No pro's, apart from having a job during this global depression.

Whoever voted for the other reviews must have been well paid senior managers/directors, we consultants are treated as slaves and get thrown the crumbs from the money we bring in for Manpower, once we have hit an unrealistic threshold.

Cons

Low pay, all branches are under staffed by at least 2-3 people, commission structure unfair, mileage allowance is 5 pence lower than UK government advised limit, database is not fit for purpose and from 1993, Microsoft packages are over 10 years old, MS Outlook has no storage allowance thus have to delete emails ever two weeks, no lunch break ever, minimum amount of holidays per year, minimum amount of Company Sick Pay, in a company which drains all your energy and contributes to illnesses, this is not fair. Manpower was the worst company I have ever worked for by far, infact it's so bad you can't compare it to, 'Normal companies or recruitment agencies'.

Invest in more staff, a database which is fit for purpose, a bigger storage limit on MS Outlook, fair pay, fair commission structure, fair car mileage allowance, compulsory lunch breaks, maybe even one perk like a suit allowance, as the salaries are so low all we can afford is one or two suits, but yet are expected to have more for sales visits and alike.

50 Other Employee Reviews for Manpower UK (View Most Recent)

Useful and helpful to your recruitment career but very frustrating and sometimes unrewarding.

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I worked at Manpower UK

Pros

The initial training they offer is excellent and is something that attracted me to the job in the first place. They helped me become a successful consultant although there were many aspects not covered. The branch networking is great and very helpful, especially when finding candidates a new role if they are willing to travel. They treat you fairly well as an employee and even for a large company can make you feel like an individual.

Cons

They ask too much of each consultant in the way of administration and paper work. They require a 'con call' for everything they do, which in some cases can be useful if used right but on too many occasion they can waste time. The commission structure is fair between consultants although to make any bonus and commission on a regular basis is extremely difficult, no matter how go a consultant you are. This initial training is brilliant, but it can take too long to have this and once this is finished there is little support sometimes, especially for a new employee to recruitment.

The management style isn't the best and can leave each individual feeling left out and unappreciated at times. They offer training on a personal level, but this is something that needs to be asked for before they do anything about it. Monthly reviews can be too much and can leave you feeling deflated.

There are better employers in the market than Manpower

Current Employee - Secretary
    Current Employee - Secretary

I have been working at Manpower UK

Pros

Very good group of employees who stay in regular touch together.

Cons

Management isn't concerned about fair treatment. They are all about getting it right for the client, even then they make mistakes.

More skills courses need to be made available.

Morale boosting team events need to reconvene.

Stop cutting the headcount, we are being overloaded

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower UK

Worked for Manpower UK? Contribute to the Community!