Manpower UK

www.manpower.co.uk

Nothing more than a body shop, used and abused by a 'blue chip' who have lost the plot.

Former Employee - Server Engineer  in  Highbridge, England (UK)
Former Employee - Server Engineer in Highbridge, England (UK)

Pros

Quite a slick operation I suppose.

Cons

You're not an employee of whichever organisation you 'work' for, it's just a body shop. When IBM lost a bit of business I was shown the door rather than any attempt to find something else. You will get market rate and no more, minimal holidays and no employee benefits.

I never saw a manager, you are nothing more than a commodity so they don't care anyway.

Other reviews for Manpower UK

Awful

Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Coordinator in London, England (UK)

Pros

Not any I can share at the moment

Cons

Working on site with a client of Manpowers. 20 days holiday, temp contract still going after promises of permenant employment.. No contact with Manpower, so feel alone within your team. Long hours (unpaid!!) and very very low salaries. I wouldn't be working for such a company again, that can't value their people!!

Recognise the work of all employees - off site and fee earners.

Industry Star? What a load of....

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in London, England (UK)

Pros

No pro's, apart from having a job during this global depression.

Whoever voted for the other reviews must have been well paid senior managers/directors, we consultants are treated as slaves and get thrown the crumbs from the money we bring in for Manpower, once we have hit an unrealistic threshold.

Cons

Low pay, all branches are under staffed by at least 2-3 people, commission structure unfair, mileage allowance is 5 pence lower than UK government advised limit, database is not fit for purpose and from 1993, Microsoft packages are over 10 years old, MS Outlook has no storage allowance thus have to delete emails ever two weeks, no lunch break ever, minimum amount of holidays per year, minimum amount of Company Sick Pay, in a company which drains all your energy and contributes to illnesses, this is not fair. Manpower was the worst company I have ever worked for by far, infact it's so bad you can't compare it to, 'Normal companies or recruitment agencies'.

Invest in more staff, a database which is fit for purpose, a bigger storage limit on MS Outlook, fair pay, fair commission structure, fair car mileage allowance, compulsory lunch breaks, maybe even one perk like a suit allowance, as the salaries are so low all we can afford is one or two suits, but yet are expected to have more for sales visits and alike.

There are newer employer reviews for Manpower UK.

Worked for Manpower UK? Contribute to the Community!