Manpower UK
www.manpower.co.uk London, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Great training but limited career prospects

Business Manager (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Manpower UK full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat training and good branch network. On most high streets with a stable reputation, the steady plodder. Good training if you're new to recruitment.

ConsMan in a van reputation, not taken seriously as a recruiter. Not members of REC. Seem to have conference calls to discuss previous conference calls leaving very little time to focus on recruitment. Limited career opportunities. High turnover of staff due to lots of red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow staff to do their role, strip out a the layer of management who seem to want to sell their granny to make it up the greasy pole. Remove the cut-throat approach and internal politics and this could be a winner.

The worst company I have ever worked for

Technician (Former Employee)
London, England (UK)

I worked at Manpower UK full-time

Pros: There are no pros whatsoever, the pay and conditions are… Cons: Manpower is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of working for in my thirty year working history. They are appalling, despicable,… Advice to Senior Management: Get a grip and start treating your staff with respect No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not great

Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee)
Bracknell, England (UK)

I worked at Manpower UK full-time for more than a year

Pros: Opportunity to work onsite with a great client company, stepping… Cons: Awful pay & reward, poor holiday entitlement, no opportunities for progression, upper/middle management upwards don’t seem to bother with staff, training is non-existent, no recognition… Advice to Senior Management: Increase holiday allowances, increase pay to market rate, senior managers need to recognise staff who are valued by their local line managers, engage with staff… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Manpower UK.

Worked for Manpower UK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Manpower UK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Manpower UK CEO Mark Cahill. All reviews posted anonymously by Manpower UK employees.