There are newer employer reviews for Manulife Financial

The first 2 years were great but afterwards it was downhill after I came back from 2 maternity leaves.

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Manulife Financial

Pros

They provide paid education that is related to my work. The compensation is not bad for what I do.

Cons

It's hard to get promoted even when you exceed expectations. They expect higher quantity of work done and cut our breaks to 10 minutes morning and afternoons. I feel like they want us to quit and get cheaper contract employees.

If we perform well, give us a promotion. All the other departments recognize their employees but our department is so stingy with promotions. I used stay after work to finish my work as I wanted my company to do well. Nowadays, I leave right at the end of my schedule and could care less if I have more work piled up. The Call Centre wants us to take more calls yet they don't give us time to work on the after call work unless it's not busy...it's stressful and unfair.

221 Other Employee Reviews for Manulife Financial (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Disability Case Manager
    Current Employee - Disability Case Manager

I have been working at Manulife Financial

Pros

Great work/family life balance. Feel good about the financial future of the company. Ideals and goals of the company are in keeping with my own in regards to work.

Cons

some favourtism towards staff that are more oriented to socializing as opposed to work performance.

Overall the company has its good points but is not foward thinking in its approach.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Manulife Financial

Pros

Compensation and benefits are comparable to the industry standards. Pockets of good areas to work in.

Cons

Leadership is out of touch with current employee needs and is not progressive. Growth is limited in areas outside of finance and actuarial.

Listen to employees needs more.

There are newer employer reviews for Manulife Financial

Worked for Manulife Financial? Contribute to the Community!