There are newer employer reviews for Manulife

The first 2 years were great but afterwards it was downhill after I came back from 2 maternity leaves.

Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Customer Services Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Pros

They provide paid education that is related to my work. The compensation is not bad for what I do.

Cons

It's hard to get promoted even when you exceed expectations. They expect higher quantity of work done and cut our breaks to 10 minutes morning and afternoons. I feel like they want us to quit and get cheaper contract employees.

Advice to Management

If we perform well, give us a promotion. All the other departments recognize their employees but our department is so stingy with promotions. I used stay after work to finish my work as I wanted my company to do well. Nowadays, I leave right at the end of my schedule and could care less if I have more work piled up. The Call Centre wants us to take more calls yet they don't give us time to work on the after call work unless it's not busy...it's stressful and unfair.

Other Employee Reviews for Manulife

1. it's alright

Pros

it's alright , has decent pay

Cons

the location, hours, whatever else you can think of

Advice to Management

it's alright

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Disability Case Manager
    Current Employee - Disability Case Manager

Pros

Great work/family life balance. Feel good about the financial future of the company. Ideals and goals of the company are in keeping with my own in regards to work.

Cons

some favourtism towards staff that are more oriented to socializing as opposed to work performance.