There are newer employer reviews for MapMyFitness

An amazing company built by amazing people!

I have been working at MapMyFitness full-time

Pros

$500 for fitness apparel/gym membership/ski pass/you pick. CEO is a true visionary and an amazing person - he really cares about his employees and I consider myself lucky to work alongside him. MapMyFitness (as a brand) is something that I personally believe in, and I'm grateful that I'm to work for a company where I can seamlessly marry my skill set and my passion for being active.

Cons

Still in a bit of a startup mode, everyone tends to wear a lot of hats. If you're someone who likes to take the ball and run with it, you'll do really well here! If you simply want to punch the clock, it's might not be the best fit.

reviews filtered by

A start-up that had promise...

I worked at MapMyFitness full-time

Pros

Company pays for the monthly medical + dental benefits for the employee (dependents are the responsibility of the employee).

$500 annual allowance for health/fitness products/services.

Casual office environment.

Was an early player in the mobile fitness mapping field.

Cons

Like all start-ups, you roll the dice. However, the fitness app space is now very crowded and competitors (i.e. Nike+, Strava, Runkeeper, Endomondo, Garmin Connect, Daily Mile etc.) have built better mousetraps.

Too little, too late on bug squashes and getting new features to work properly which IMO lead to bad user experiences and thus has greatly slowed down the growth of new or repeat users.

Advice to Management

You should have sold the company in 2012.

If you like a quiet, boring place to work....

I have been working at MapMyFitness full-time

Pros

The office is downtown - close to lots of cool stuff! The staff is predominately young people, and they seem to love what they do. The company gives you a $500 credit for any health/fitness related purchases you make while employed. The CEO is a super chill guy.

Cons

The atmosphere in the office is strange. its SO QUIET 90% of the time. Everybody is plugged in to their music, which is fine, but nobody really talks unless their in a meeting. I guess if you want to work with a bunch of quiet coders and programmers then this is the place for you!