Brilliant.

Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX
Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at MapMyFitness as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment is incredible. All of the people at the office are so friendly and welcoming. Such a productive and creative learning environment.

Cons

The ONLY con is that I am an intern and have to leave once school starts back up.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you guys are doing, because it's working. I've worked for some other companies and the fact that y'all take the time to have an "All hands on deck" meeting and give everyone updates as to whats going on, where y'all want to take the company and what each role is, is exactly what a company like this needs to be as successful as it is and as successful as it will become.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. There is no better place on the planet to work if you want to help people around the world achieve their fitness goals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at MapMyFitness full-time

Pros

Best team of people I've ever worked with on the most amazing product I've ever built. The list of benefits are too long to list them all but there are some good ones including $500 fitness reimbursement for anything fitness related per year.

Cons

Sometimes things are moving so fast that some details get missed but that is the tricky part about working for startups.

Advice to Management

Over communicate the good stuff!

2. One of the coolest little companies on the planet

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at MapMyFitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ Great team where everyone seems to be down for the mission + Company makes a product that actually makes the world a better place + If you are a runner or cyclist, you will not find a better fit... I promise. + Python! + Casual work environment + Weekly office runs and rides + On-site showers + $500 fitness credit each year + 100% company-paid insurance + Free parking downtown (killer office location at 6th and Rio Grande) + Free beer + Free snacks (including fresh fruit) + Insane amount of candy + Spontaneous ping pong tourneys

Cons

- Hours can sometimes be long around releases - Still a little start-up crazy... everyone wears multiple hats - You will go into culture shock for sure if you are coming from a large company

Advice to Management

- Need to hire more people!