Mapjects
www.mapjects.com Atlanta, GA 16 to 50 Employees

The best experience I've ever had.

Consultant (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mapjects

ProsI got to work on what I liked, and came out polished and confident with a sense of pride, so I loved every day of the work.

Initially I was in Mapjects products (Energy Management Systems, Fraud detection, Data visualizations, GIS, BI) and moved to consulting side. So, they trained me ground up on their core products and invested in me without rushing me - For e.g. firms like Accenture put you on the meter, i.e. you have to bill the client to make a paycheck all the time, but here we were more resources they invested and educated, I truly appreciated that effort.

Now to aspect of my work, I came from a sales background, so it took me sometime to come up to speed, and I had all the support I needed, so I loved it, they also have some of the most weird/curious equipments in their prototype/labs. I was able to make a difference, succeed and deliver. I am a "groupie", there was a lot of collaboration, sharing and brainstorming, and these sessions were the core of our engineering sessions, we first mapped out what we understand and went after the goals for the products or the client's objectives. In summary, I liked how they gave me the freedom and still kept me focused - it was a lot of fun!

My horizons grew, because I learned a lot about emerging technologies and trends, like smartgrid, 13514, energy management, financial risk OFAC, PHR, Health Care, Environmental sustainability. This is probably the most important for me, since lot of companies bring you in to use your skills and don't invest, but Mapjects really invested in me when I was between projects, they truly believed in learning. They have some amazing relationships with universities, and companies.

I did get to travel internationally once, I wasn't sure about it, worked out well though, (I lost 25 lbs, and learned a new language) and it was a true eye opening experience.

It all summed up to a very fun experience, great place to work.

ConsVery little hands on management, i.e. the philosophy was you're adults and motivated through work. While this is a great thing, I felt some of my other colleagues/consultants didn't invest the same time I did. So, I would have liked some more "hands-on" management. Needless to say, their tenure was short lived!

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in marketing.
Polish your products - they are amazing, let the world know!!
Invest in management layer.
The owners don't believe in VC, but angel funds would seriously help you grow much faster.
Good luck in your future, I hope to work with you soon.

Mapjects is a garden of Innovation, healthy place for my career

Senior Consultant IT Logistics (Current Employee)

I have been working at Mapjects as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Great peers, beautiful innovative technology, friendly atmosphere. Everyone is willing to help and very much enthusiastic about their work, being small I was encouraged to get… Cons: I like working at Mapjects, so not much really. I will add, I was responsible to materialize research through spec sheets, data sheets… Advice to Senior Management: Congrats on your recent federal win, take it slow, and find good… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Home sweet home, wish it were longer

Pricing Analyst (Former Employee)
Charlotte, NC

I worked at Mapjects as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Fast paced, to the point and I managed my work. When I started or even earlier when I interviewed, I wasn't sure, infact I was… Cons: I wish there was relocation, the company did not offer relocation. Rather, they let… Advice to Senior Management: Management is very much technical and functional, and less hands on, so there is a chance for abuse that could come with growing pains. Using a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Mapjects.

Worked for Mapjects? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mapjects reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Mapjects employees.