Great place to work, very flexible and focused.

Former Employee - Consultant - Operations Research  in  Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Consultant - Operations Research in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mapjects

Pros

A very innovative company, Mapjects actually brings ideas to life, and that too exceptionally fast.

They took me and my work seriously, in most places management doesn't listen, they "direct", here I felt my feedback was appreciated. Loved it here.

A small firm with a bright future!

Cons

They should do more social events, and get out there so people know about them. I understand they're small and revenue can be tight, but a worthwhile investment if you ask me.

Good luck and get out more :)

Other Reviews for Mapjects

The best experience I've ever had.

Former Employee - Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Mapjects

Pros

I got to work on what I liked, and came out polished and confident with a sense of pride, so I loved every day of the work.

Initially I was in Mapjects products (Energy Management Systems, Fraud detection, Data visualizations, GIS, BI) and moved to consulting side. So, they trained me ground up on their core products and invested in me without rushing me - For e.g. firms like Accenture put you on the meter, i.e. you have to bill the client to make a paycheck all the time, but here we were more resources they invested and educated, I truly appreciated that effort.

Now to aspect of my work, I came from a sales background, so it took me sometime to come up to speed, and I had all the support I needed, so I loved it, they also have some of the most weird/curious equipments in their prototype/labs. I was able to make a difference, succeed and deliver. I am a "groupie", there was a lot of collaboration, sharing and brainstorming, and these sessions were the core of our engineering sessions, we first mapped out what we understand and went after the goals for the products or the client's objectives. In summary, I liked how they gave me the freedom and still kept me focused - it was a lot of fun!

My horizons grew, because I learned a lot about emerging technologies and trends, like smartgrid, 13514, energy management, financial risk OFAC, PHR, Health Care, Environmental sustainability. This is probably the most important for me, since lot of companies bring you in to use your skills and don't invest, but Mapjects really invested in me when I was between projects, they truly believed in learning. They have some amazing relationships with universities, and companies.

I did get to travel internationally once, I wasn't sure about it, worked out well though, (I lost 25 lbs, and learned a new language) and it was a true eye opening experience.

It all summed up to a very fun experience, great place to work.

Cons

Very little hands on management, i.e. the philosophy was you're adults and motivated through work. While this is a great thing, I felt some of my other colleagues/consultants didn't invest the same time I did. So, I would have liked some more "hands-on" management. Needless to say, their tenure was short lived!

Invest in marketing.
    Polish your products - they are amazing, let the world know!!
    Invest in management layer.
    The owners don't believe in VC, but angel funds would seriously help you grow much faster.
    Good luck in your future, I hope to work with you soon.

Mapjects is a garden of Innovation, healthy place for my career

Current Employee - Senior Consultant IT Logistics
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant IT Logistics

I have been working at Mapjects as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great peers, beautiful innovative technology, friendly atmosphere.

Everyone is willing to help and very much enthusiastic about their work, being small I was encouraged to get involved in other tasks, to build relationships.

There is a culture of support, encouragement and fun amongst the different teams - we're all constantly brainstorming, and exploring what-if scenarios so everyone gets to chips in.

The company has some unique tools, called "drive technology", it took me sometime to understand what it was - I kid you not! When it was described to me, I wasn't sure what it looked like, later through a little use, it became apparent, Mapjects stands to change business productivity by ten fold.

Everyday its been a garden of growth for me.

Cons

I like working at Mapjects, so not much really.

I will add, I was responsible to materialize research through spec sheets, data sheets and facts to support my ideas, this was something I have never done, so once I did it, it was a lot of fun.

Congrats on your recent federal win, take it slow, and find good people to join your leadership, people who care and will support your garden.

There are newer employer reviews for Mapjects.

Worked for Mapjects? Contribute to the Community!