Mapjects

www.mapjects.com

Best experience so far, and you get to make a difference... some real serious innovation

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
Former Employee - Senior Consultant

Pros

Loved working here, I learned so much. Everyday was a new fun day, every week I accomplished a new task. Working here, was very enriching, and gave me a sense of self reliance.

I was able to apply myself and think out of the box. In some ways, I'm spoiled, because I was given a lot of flexibility/independence to complete my work at Mapjects.

Cons

Wish the contracts were longer, I was renewed twice, but

Other reviews for Mapjects

Consultant, Business Analyst

Former Employee - Economic and Financial Analyst
    Former Employee - Economic and Financial Analyst

Pros

Overall, I had meaningful and interesting problems to solve, good clients, impact on the world, and surrounded by brilliant & caring people. I was never stressed and truly enjoyed the work, we finished our work a couple months early, and I was able to provide feedback into another project.

Another distinctive and unique pro - they have their own tools, when I say that, I mean they've BUILT THEIR OWN tools, and I love the Mapjects tools!!!!

I spend a lot of time on requirements, economic and data analysis, this is easily they best toolset, I feel a little sad about leaving them and my laptop behind. I understand its their IP, but they should consider polishing it and marketing the tools. The tools can help visualize trends in some very unique ways, I was able to look for fraud, or patterns on transactions and relationships, and it was beautiful.

Cons

They would do better if they patented some of their ideas, got them talking though.

These guys drink tea, I missed coffee, but the tea was milky, they called it chai... I did enjoy it, and cheaper than Starbucks, but mapjects still needs to get a coffee pot.

You need a veteran with some connections in sales, someone who can break the ice. Regardless of how good your products and services are, relationships matter.

Invest in an industry veteran with a commission structure, you will see better results.

Great place to work, very flexible and focused.

Former Employee - Consultant - Operations Research  in  Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant - Operations Research in Atlanta, GA

Pros

A very innovative company, Mapjects actually brings ideas to life, and that too exceptionally fast.

They took me and my work seriously, in most places management doesn't listen, they "direct", here I felt my feedback was appreciated. Loved it here.

A small firm with a bright future!

Cons

They should do more social events, and get out there so people know about them. I understand they're small and revenue can be tight, but a worthwhile investment if you ask me.

Good luck and get out more :)

There are newer employer reviews for Mapjects.

Worked for Mapjects? Contribute to the Community!