There are newer employer reviews for Mapjects

Best value and a win win, worked well for me

Former Employee - Lead Developer  in  Plano, TX
Former Employee - Lead Developer in Plano, TX

I worked at Mapjects for more than a year

Pros

While looking for a short term work before being deployed, I found work at Mapjects, this was ideal. My manager was skeptical initially, because he was concerned I would leave in the middle, after their investment. To even this out, I agreed to commit a little more time, and it was worth it for me.

Prior to this, most of my work was around graphics, at Mapjects they helped me train to enter UI and UX functional design.

I will say, that I grew to like the company very much. I read some of the other reviews, and I concur with their assessment, my experience was very positive and similar.

Cons

I've to concur on business sales side. A stronger manager that can speak the customer language well would do Mapjects wonders. A lot of your value is lost in translation, and someone who can get that across is needed to open those doors for you.

There are a lot of sales managers who don't necessarily know technology, but might be a good fit if they're passionate. On the Mapjects fraud detection and asset portfolio platform, get someone form the sales or insurance industry.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Mapjects (View Most Recent)

Exceptional productivity, the founder engineered his OWN TOOLS, I havent seen anything like this in the industry. Great!

I worked at Mapjects as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

The founder of Mapjects engineered his own own tools, they're pretty cool, I've never seen anything like it in my 15 yrs of work. As a result the productivity level is exceptional.
    +I moved to the metro area recently, and they were flexible with letting me get settled.
    +I was reading some of the other posts, I think they dont invest in marketing becuase they prefer word of mouth, they're little timid in Business Development.

Cons

I wish they would open source some of their tools, but I understand the Mapjects tools gives them the intellectual advantage.I wish they would open source some of their tools, but I understand the Mapjects tools gives them the intellectual advantage.

Point being, if you dont show case, then the industry is unaware of Mapjects capabilities.

The Mapjects Portal technology, GIS tecnology, Fuel, Bacterial Energy technologies, Fraud detection technologies are golden nuggets, and could use some customer feedback.

Point being, if you dont show case, then the world wis unaware of your capabilities

In the interviews, please break the ice first. When you start with questions right away it can be a little initimidating :) in hind sight, I'm glad I stuck with it.

Please dont outsource recruiting, please recruit yourselves, it adds a personal touch. The 3rd party that called me had very little information about what you did. They mentioned you were a start-up, but failed to mention some of your goverment and insurance contracts.

Start an alumni forum please, please!

Best experience so far, and you get to make a difference... some real serious innovation

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Mapjects as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Loved working here, I learned so much. Everyday was a new fun day, every week I accomplished a new task. Working here, was very enriching, and gave me a sense of self reliance.

I was able to apply myself and think out of the box. In some ways, I'm spoiled, because I was given a lot of flexibility/independence to complete my work at Mapjects.

Cons

Wish the contracts were longer, I was renewed twice, but

There are newer employer reviews for Mapjects

Worked for Mapjects? Contribute to the Community!