Maple Leaf Foods
www.mapleleaffoods.com Toronto, Canada 5000+ Employees

Problems are not fixed they are blamed on people.

Machine Operator (Former Employee)
Roanoke, VA

ProsHard hot work, it is like getting paid to work out. I lost 50 pounds in one year.

ConsA culture of blame. If a problem occurs the way to fix it at Maple Leaf is to blame it on one person, rather than find a way to keep that problem from happening once more.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to prevent mistakes by changing operating procedures. Stop blaming people for mistakes, and use the mistakes as opportunities to fix a problem in production. I saw the same mistakes occur on all seven production lines over and over during my year. No changes in operating procedures ever occurred, but many employees were blamed for the recurring mistakes.
Also senior management at the Roanoke Plant did not live up to the companies core values.

The most professional, respectable organization and best people I have ever worked with in HR.

Human Resources (Current Employee)

I have been working at Maple Leaf Foods as a contractor

Pros: Professional, open, learning organization that values the innovative and believes in continuous improvement. Excellent development programs, though not offered to enough employees. Positive, people focused… Cons: Difficulty maintaining expectations when attempting to deal with large project challenges. Some leadership issues related to effectively handling transitions. Some high level issues with planning… Advice to Senior Management: Don't overlook the knowledge and experience in the organization as… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to start a career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Maple Leaf Foods full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Many opportunities for growth. Lots of wonderful people to work… Cons: uncertain future, not clear on executive priorities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Maple Leaf Foods.

Worked for Maple Leaf Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maple Leaf Foods reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Maple Leaf Foods CEO Michael H. McCain. All reviews posted anonymously by Maple Leaf Foods employees.