Marana Unified School District

www.maranausd.org
  www.maranausd.org
There are newer employer reviews for Marana Unified School District

Worked for Marana for 3 years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Marana Unified School District

Pros

I enjoyed my time at Marana School District. I met a lot of great co workers and felt like I was appreciated.

Cons

Normal office politics were somewhat annoying at times. Also the way the front offices handled certain issues was disappointing, and not in the best interest of the students.

Learn to effectively communicate.

8 Other Employee Reviews for Marana Unified School District (View Most Recent)

Worst state in the country for education...now I know why.

Current Employee - Teacher, 5th Grade in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Teacher, 5th Grade in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Marana Unified School District

Pros

- Very friendly teachers and staff.
    - Very supportive of family-related events that may take you away from work.
    - Time is very flexible as far as when you come in and when you leave (given that you are there during the school day, of course!)

Cons

- No room for advancement - where would you advance to??
    - If you are a young teacher, you may have difficulty making it into the inner-circle, as everyone is a bit older with children.
    - Any raise you get is less than inflation. You better have help with your bills...this is a volunteer job with a stipend.

Recognize various skills among the staff and teacher to recognize the many attributes among staff. Stop changing the motto, the goal, etc.; there always seems to be a new book out that leads the change movement, but it never changes anything because staff knows it's just a passing fad.

Wonderful people to work with! I recommend Marana Unified School District as a great place to work.

Former Employee - Teacher in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Teacher in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Marana Unified School District full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great feeling of community. Positive atmosphere and great people to work with. There is a great team feeling and support of others.

Cons

With so many responsibilities, it can be difficult to focus on the most important task, teaching kids. However, motivated and dedicated teachers work hard to make sure there is a good balance.

There are newer employer reviews for Marana Unified School District