Marathon Oil

www.marathonoil.com

Grass is not greener - hard to find a more satisfying company to work for in the E and P sector.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsRecruited to Marathon and interested in its unique blend of entrepreneurial freedom and process controls. Seemed just about right. Found that Marathon went the extra-mile for employees with "scarce-skills". First rate facilities, benefits, amenities and employee quality of life. Can be a proud, productive and fulfilled employee.

ConsStrong paradigms of long term employees often hard to shed resulting in resistance to change with the company, it's business strategy and the times. Increasing controls overhead dampens productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to differentiate Marathon from its competitors and retain the competitive advantage in attracting talent. Find oil and grow organically.

Very nice place to work.

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Marathon Oil as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Very friendly staff, nice offices. The interview was very relaxed and… Cons: None that I am aware of. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for

Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Marathon Oil as an intern for less than a year

Pros: People are great, they care that you learn as much… Cons: Hard to move up, company going through a hard time right now… Advice to Senior Management: Take more risk with your portafolio More
There are newer reviews on Marathon Oil.

Worked for Marathon Oil? Contribute to the Community!