Marathon Oil

www.marathonoil.com

Great culture, lack of diverse projects

Geophysicist (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThe people and open environment make it a joy to come to work. Flexible 9/80 is great for work/life balance and competitive benefits. Several internal organizations/communities make exchanging technical work across assets easy and fun.

ConsLack of diverse projects. Marathon seems to be focusing on onshore US and is reducing it's international and conventional assets. Lack of exploration success internationally doesn't leave many assets to work on outside of shale plays. Best assets and exploration are reserved for people with 20+ experience while anyone with less than 10 years is sent to the "shale factory"

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on diversifying your portfolio and create opportunities for employees to gain conventional skills needed in the industry, otherwise they will leave to get those experiences elsewhere.

Excellent Benefits and 90/80 work schedule but no real Succession Planning or opportunities for advancement

I have been working at Marathon Oil full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: You walk in the door with no less than 3 weeks vacation and the opportunity to have every… Cons: If you are not the type of person who enjoys staying in the same role for the next 20 or 30 years… Advice to Senior Management: Succession Planning is key. It's very important to understand where… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great work environment

Drilling Engineer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

I have been working at Marathon Oil full-time

Pros: Awesome great work/life balance with very nice co workers. Company does a… Cons: Company was resistant to change at on point, but with the… Advice to Senior Management: Recognize employees for achievements. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Marathon Oil.

Worked for Marathon Oil? Contribute to the Community!