There are newer employer reviews for Marathon Petroleum

Poor management

Current Employee - Lab Technician

I have been working at Marathon Petroleum full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Pay is very for the title

Cons

Poor management; too much forced overtIme; poor morale

Care about emPloyees

reviews filtered by
  1. testing oil and distillates

I have been working at Marathon Petroleum

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, great at safety

Cons

shift work can be very stressful.

NA

Great people, great experience, lots of pros and a few cons

Current Employee - Project Engineer
    Current Employee - Project Engineer

I have been working at Marathon Petroleum

Pros

I am challenged almost everyday and have a good relationship with my direct supervisors and managers. Training is encouraged and people are willing to help. The company has a vast network of knowledgeable people that are a phone call away. Overtime is sometimes required but not often. I would recommend Marathon for any young engineer to gain great experience. The work is fast-paced and challenging. If you can not multitask and manage time, this is not the job for you.

Cons

The company does not have a good plan for advancement of their young professionals. It is up to the individual to find positions that keep them challenged. They do a poor job of keeping and attracting quality people. They underutilized their coop program. Highly talented coops have gained wonderful experience at Marathon and go work for a competitor because the company reacts too slow. Marathon is a Midwest company that has operations in the south where salaries are higher. The company loses quality people every year because they refuse to stay competitive with salary in the south.

Work on the career development plan for professionals. Consider a salary survey and try to stay more competitive with the current market in the southern region. Keep the talented people in the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Marathon Petroleum