Marathon Petroleum
www.marathonpetroleum.com Findlay, OH 5000+ Employees

Better luck elsewhere

Tech Services Co-op (Former Employee)

Pros-Great pay
-Relocation benefits
-Great safety and environmental record
-Actual hands-on engineering/applied engineering
-You know the product you're making and working towards is global and relateable

Cons-My recruiter changed 6 times within 2 years. It was almost impossible to know who contact when questions or situations arose
-Worries me about the future of the company considering the market and recent split from exploration and production/upstream side
-Very little interaction with co-workers. You go in, do the work, interact when the job demands it, but otherwise, everyone puts their heads down and doesn't care about their peers.
-Biased/favor-ridden hiring process. Despite experience, good reviews and better-than-average GPA, I was looked over in the hiring process in favor of a current employee's child who has no experience and average grades.
-Was never kept busy as an intern. I asked my department almost daily for work but few had the time or willingness to relinquish work.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on recruiting and retaining your co-ops and interns and get away from the nepotism that runs rampant in the company. In addition, focus on your current employees (get to actually know them, encourage morale) and how they can become better assests to the company.

Poor management

Lab Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marathon Petroleum full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Pay is very for the title Cons: Poor management; too much forced overtIme; poor morale Advice to Senior Management: Care about emPloyees More

It is not a bad place to work.

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Marathon Petroleum

Pros: You are part of a team, and you get to meet a lot of really great people. I do have to say that the… Cons: My employer has to many employees and not enough hours to give to all of them. Some weeks I only get 8 - 14 hours.… Advice to Senior Management: My advice to management is just keep an eye on what really… More
There are newer reviews on Marathon Petroleum.

Worked for Marathon Petroleum? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marathon Petroleum reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marathon Petroleum CEO Gary R. Heminger. All reviews posted anonymously by Marathon Petroleum employees.