There are newer employer reviews for March of Dimes

Working here has ruined my career, no one will touch me now.

Former Employee - Director of Operations  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Director of Operations in Seattle, WA

I worked at March of Dimes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The mission is good until I found out that its only to stuff the Board and Presidents pockets with their retirement money.

Cons

Everything. No support for your job, reviews are terrible. No moving upward unless you are related or sleep with someone. The old boys club runs this org, problem is they are all women who have been there for 30+ years. This place is stuck in the 1950's.

Fire all of upper management and get out of bed with your insurance company. My premiums were twice as high that a small family run business I was with before joining MOD. No one knows who you are anymore, because they don't believe in advertising. No one wants to walk anymore, grow up.

73 Other Employee Reviews for March of Dimes (View Most Recent)

Overall good experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  White Plains, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at March of Dimes full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great mission and promotion of work/life balance, especially for working moms.

Cons

Very insular - easy to get caught up in the MOD bubble (i.e. chapter, regional and national offic

Negative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at March of Dimes

Pros

Good Pay, pleasant co-workers, wonderful stated mission.

Cons

A Pittsburgh supervisor did not know who Jonas Salk was or the role the University of Pittsburgh played in the development of the March of Dimes polio vaccine. None of my supervisors could tell me what specific research the March of Dimes was funding in Pittsburgh -- it took me several months to find out myself. They should realize that many donors are not interested in supporting organizations that do not know their history or current funding. Most of the PA supervisors had backgrounds in sales and knew next to nothing about maternal and child health.

I was hired for a temporary position. When I was about 7 weeks away from ending my assignment with the March of Dimes I was hired by another PA nonprofit to work on improving public policy in order to provide better perinatal health care to incarcerated women in PA. Improving perinatal health care and preventing adverse birth outcomes is supposed to be the mission of the March of Dimes. The new job was supportive of my finishing my time at the March of Dimes. Yet when I asked to flex my time to take an occasional phone call or attend one meeting during my last 7 weeks I was fired by the PA state director for not "putting my full attention on the March of Dimes."

Then the PA March of Dimes insisted that I had voluntarily quit and not been fired when sending communications to the national office. In short, they lied about what they did.

At one time the March of Dimes was a great organization which did much for the public good. Now the atmosphere is only about raising money. Only one employee of dozens throughout the state does any kind of educational or public policy work. Many potential donors realize this. The March of Dimes needs to pay attention to its mission again, be collaborative with other organizations who truly work to improve perinatal health, and educate its staff better. In short, it needs to quit making fund raising an end to itself.

There are newer employer reviews for March of Dimes

Worked for March of Dimes? Contribute to the Community!