There are newer employer reviews for March of Dimes

Terrible!

I worked at March of Dimes full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has a good history with their participation in the fight against polio.

Cons

Too many to count. High overhead, lack of concern about employees, low pay, bad management, tacky fundraising practices, etc., etc.

By Management, I mean the National Board: Overhaul the entire management team. Bad HR, bad managers with outright illegal and immoral practices. And no, I wasn't fired. I was executive level and left because I didn't want to be part of this problem organization anymore. I feel they say one thing and do another and do not really care about the mission. I'm giving this company one star but only because I can't give lower. I have an entire career of working in nonprofit organizations and this is, by many magnitudes, the worst.

72 Other Employee Reviews for March of Dimes (View Most Recent)

Worst experience I've ever had

I worked at March of Dimes full-time for less than a year

Pros

the Mission but it is lost in the make money at all cost mentality

Cons

This was the worst experience I have ever had. They provide absolutely no training, no procedures and no documentation exists, which is shocking considering this is a national organization that is 75 years old. You are expected to pay for many company expenses and then you will be reimbursed but it can take up to 6 weeks. Given the pay is so low how can they expect people to live like that? This is not disclosed until after you take the job. You will be required to rack up hundreds of miles a month on your personal car but are not reimbursed for insurance or wear and tear. You are expected to work lots of overtime none of which is compensated or comped.
    WORKING HERE YOU WILL LOSE MONEY! The management is non-existent and untrained, they broke numerous employment laws but since HR is in NY they don't even know they are doing it. Directors have no experience working with or managing staff and it shows, constant nasty negative emails made me feel sick to open my email everyday. You will be expected to solicit everyone you know for donations and hounded about everyone you know and will they give. They will also steal all of the best sponsors and donors for themselves even if it means you will not meet your goals. Please believe all of the reviews on here, I didn't and regret having been associated with this organization at all.

Train directors in how to work with staff and employment laws. Think about how much time/money people spend using their own cars, covering expenses and actually reimburse them for it.

Good experience, would work there again.

I worked at March of Dimes full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great support from management. Great teamwork among staff and volunteers. And the mission of helping educate and raise money for healthier babies is kept front and center.

Cons

Lots of extra hours to help support the kind of teamwork that is provided. But if you know that and have extra time, it is not necessarily a con.

Keep an eye on the worker burn out. It is a job that requires dedication to a mission. Management has great training and work support, good days off. Follow up to make sure employees use them.

There are newer employer reviews for March of Dimes

Worked for March of Dimes? Contribute to the Community!