There are newer employer reviews for March of Dimes

Great Mission - but now where to go

Current Employee - Analyst in White Plains, NY
Current Employee - Analyst in White Plains, NY

I have been working at March of Dimes full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

great mission and the employees are very passionate about that mission, can be a very flexible work schedule, benefits are okay

Cons

salaries are good be higher,much pressure for every employee to raise a lot of money for walk, vacation seems good at first but after three years you will never bet any more then 4 weeks vacation, very little room to move up

74 Other Employee Reviews for March of Dimes (View Most Recent)

A timeless nonprofit, not keeping up with the times...

Current Employee - Community Director
    Current Employee - Community Director

I have been working at March of Dimes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Amazing work schedule - very flexible, often you can work from home, "full time" is only 35 hours a week
    Stellar Benefits - probably THE BEST insurance plan if you will be having babies!
    Passionate people - who doesn't support the cause of healthy babies!?

Cons

Very low pay, with little opportunity for advancement.
    High expectations that basically set you up for failure
    Resistance to change from the top of the organization, little control at the state or division level

Although we were the first national nonprofit, and the first "march" of any kind - we need to target our audience and create a more marketable event. We need our events and our cause to stand out compared to the hundreds of other nonprofits we are competing with. Otherwise, you need to understand we will not see 10% growth YOY in every site!

Primarily just a fundraising organization

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at March of Dimes full-time (more than an year)

Pros

At the ground level, staff is very committed to the mission and passionate about raising funds and awareness

Cons

The March of Dimes actually does very little, they raise funds, skim a large chunk off the top for administration and then pass that money through to others in the form of grants or political advocacy.

There are some issues with ethics within the organization with several key individuals misconstruing work that outside entities are doing as "March of Dimes" work. If you're going to give grants, you should collect data to validate the impact of your grant programs and the grants should alignly closely with the msision.

There are newer employer reviews for March of Dimes