Marchex
www.marchex.com Seattle, WA 150 to 499 Employees

Very good.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

ProsAt Marchex you can work with great developers/people, learn a lot, and work on technically interesting projects. The management from top to bottom is responsive and treats people as the company's most important assets. Marchex is in a leadership position in the market in the call advertising space, and is growing ...

ConsOther than being in downtown Seattle -- which many people see as a big plus -- there's not many cons to working here. The benefits are very good, having recently improved significantly, but not as good as some big companies.

As with all organizations, it's sometimes a struggle to get everything flowing in the right direction, but Marchex has good people in place to make things happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving forward, hiring great people, and pushing the products. The temps who post on glass door seem to be disgruntled; I agree there is segregation, but I don't know how much of a problem that is, but low morale certainly could be a problem to address.

Delusions of greatness

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Marchex

Pros: Decent benefits Nice location Good morale events Most people are nice Cons: VERY politicial Lack of leadership, especially in technial areas Execs are always chasig the next $$$ deal (aka interested in pumping up stock price) "Rock… Advice to Senior Management: You cannot build a great products / company on foundation… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Emerging Seattle Tech Player with Product Chops

Vice President (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

I have been working at Marchex

Pros: - Seasoned management team from Google and Infospace - Creating the biggest most innovative calls advertising platform in the world - Up or out culture; the "strong… Cons: - Challenge the status quo and be ready to defend your case - Tinge of Internet boiler room culture but changing over time - Acquisition integration is… Advice to Senior Management: Onward and upward No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Marchex.

Worked for Marchex? Contribute to the Community!

Marchex – Why Work for Us?

Our advertising technology turns hope into expectation. An ad campaign is an investment. And we believe you should only invest in ads that get you tangible results. Marchex is a mobile advertising technology company… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marchex reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Marchex CEO Russell C. Horowitz. All reviews posted anonymously by Marchex employees.