The best place I've ever worked

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Marchex

Pros

Marchex is one of the few companies left that treats their employees like a non-expendable resource. They want you to be happy and to have healthy work-life balance - they feel it makes you more productive, and helps with employee retention.

Cons

They pay less than the big software boys in the area, and have fewer perks than Google or Microsoft (but more than Amazon).

Good job so far - keep it up. The kind of growth we are seeing in the calls sector makes me proud to be part of the team.

Other Reviews for Marchex

Very good.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Marchex

Pros

At Marchex you can work with great developers/people, learn a lot, and work on technically interesting projects. The management from top to bottom is responsive and treats people as the company's most important assets. Marchex is in a leadership position in the market in the call advertising space, and is growing ...

Cons

Other than being in downtown Seattle -- which many people see as a big plus -- there's not many cons to working here. The benefits are very good, having recently improved significantly, but not as good as some big companies.

As with all organizations, it's sometimes a struggle to get everything flowing in the right direction, but Marchex has good people in place to make things happen.

Keep moving forward, hiring great people, and pushing the products. The temps who post on glass door seem to be disgruntled; I agree there is segregation, but I don't know how much of a problem that is, but low morale certainly could be a problem to address.

Delusions of greatness

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Marchex

Pros

Decent benefits
    Nice location
    Good morale events
    Most people are nice

Cons

VERY politicial
    Lack of leadership, especially in technial areas
    Execs are always chasig the next $$$ deal (aka interested in pumping up stock price)
    "Rock star" culture rewards show off behavior vs really getting things done
    Basic IT systems do not work and very few people understand them

You cannot build a great products / company on foundation of sand

There are newer employer reviews for Marchex.

Worked for Marchex? Contribute to the Community!