There are newer employer reviews for Marchex

Learning is encouraged, and I like that.

I have been working at Marchex

Pros

Learning is encouraged.
If things come up and you can't make a deadline for a sane reason, no one's going to bust your ass over it.
Good work life balance.
Everyone's got a pretty good attitude.

Cons

Meh, I like it well enough.

The business end of things seems to be managed a little bit weird, but I certainly don't have all the information there, as a software engineer.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Marchex (View Most Recent)

The best place I've ever worked

I have been working at Marchex

Pros

Marchex is one of the few companies left that treats their employees like a non-expendable resource. They want you to be happy and to have healthy work-life balance - they feel it makes you more productive, and helps with employee retention.

Cons

They pay less than the big software boys in the area, and have fewer perks than Google or Microsoft (but more than Amazon).

Good job so far - keep it up. The kind of growth we are seeing in the calls sector makes me proud to be part of the team.

Very good.

I have been working at Marchex

Pros

At Marchex you can work with great developers/people, learn a lot, and work on technically interesting projects. The management from top to bottom is responsive and treats people as the company's most important assets. Marchex is in a leadership position in the market in the call advertising space, and is growing ...

Cons

Other than being in downtown Seattle -- which many people see as a big plus -- there's not many cons to working here. The benefits are very good, having recently improved significantly, but not as good as some big companies.

As with all organizations, it's sometimes a struggle to get everything flowing in the right direction, but Marchex has good people in place to make things happen.

Keep moving forward, hiring great people, and pushing the products. The temps who post on glass door seem to be disgruntled; I agree there is segregation, but I don't know how much of a problem that is, but low morale certainly could be a problem to address.

There are newer employer reviews for Marchex

Worked for Marchex? Contribute to the Community!