Marchex

There are newer employer reviews for Marchex

Hidden gems in Seattle.

Current Employee - Engineering in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Engineering in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Marchex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast growing business. Great growth opportunities if you are willing to dig in. No business and engineering silos. All the teams work closely together everyday. Strong focus on getting the culture right.

Cons

The company has some redundant systems. These have come through some acquisitions. We are mostly through which deprecating or refactoring older systems. If we can complete these, we will be able to move much faster.

Make sure that we are investing to keep up with the growth of the business.

89 Other Employee Reviews for Marchex (View Most Recent)

Meh.

I worked at Marchex

Pros

A lot of smart, motivated coworkers make for a usually stimulating day-to-day.

Cons

The worker bees take care of the work, and the manager bees take care of themselves.

It was a good place to start out.

Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Software Design Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Marchex full-time (more than a year)

Pros

No one is going to push you to work crazy hours, and the people are generally pretty nice.

Cons

Very little effort expended towards employees working on things that are beneficial to their career/interesting, rather than just useful for the company. The company seems to be behind some five or so years on best practices, at the least. Development tools are not just average, they're truly pathetic. On the other hand, lots of money is spent on other hardware and as a result salaries are lower than they should be.

Hire better people, and fewer of them. Give them better tools, and support their growth. There's rhetoric about doing this inside the company, but very little is actually done towards it.

There are newer employer reviews for Marchex