There are newer employer reviews for Marchon Eyewear

Lack of structure and proper management from supervisors and managers.

Current Employee - Associate Planner in Melville, NY
Current Employee - Associate Planner in Melville, NY

I have been working at Marchon Eyewear full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good Benefits including a company website allowing employees to purchase designer frames at a great discounted price.

Cons

The work environment is like going back to high school. There are many cliques that gossip and talk behind each others back. There was also lack of balance with the amount of work that was needed to be done. Half he week is packed with work and then the other half lacks any work.

Management needs to learn to structure themselves and organize the way of performing certain tasks for the company.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Marchon Eyewear (View Most Recent)

Can't get out of their own way.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Marchon Eyewear full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great brands and some very talented and smart people.

Cons

A culture that does not promote thought or innovation. Ruled by politics, empowering people that are more concerned about status and image than the success of the business or new ideas. Lack of interest in career building, training or developing young talent.

Things are not ok there and the status quo is not serving you well.

Planning the loveless thankless role

Former Employee - Planner in Melville, NY
    Former Employee - Planner in Melville, NY

I worked at Marchon Eyewear full-time (more than an year)

Pros

casual clothes to go to work, supportive team members within the department, discounts on fashion eywear

Cons

Where do I start. Marchon is a 30 year old company that is still stuck in teenager mentality. The company is very clicky and I found the creative team to be down right nasty. I was discouraged from keeping documentation of why I was having stock outs, when it was due to my director not releasing orders at the rate I suggested. The place is downright miserable, lots of people whispering trying to help themselves and others get out of there. There is also a great deal of resentment because salaries are not consistant for similar positions. Performance reviews are non exsitant, you are only approached when you have done something wrong and they need to yell at you.

I think some cost to training managment in better people management would go a long way. I think I major problem is that everyone who works there is afraid to speak up about things that should change out of fear for being black balled and pushed out

There are newer employer reviews for Marchon Eyewear