Marco's Pizza

www.marcospizza.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Marco's Pizza

Job will get you going, but like life, it's more about who you know than what you know

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Marco's Pizza part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are quite flexible, pay doesn't seem bad for the work required, discounts on food. People can be fun to be around, provided the owner isn't around.

Cons

Pay is quite low, and quality of employees definitely reflects that in some cases. No room for raises or promotions, even if promised when you are first hired. I've been making the same wage since I started, and as a driver, it's lower than minimum wage now (but tips help). Delivery charge is misleading and customers are not informed by the store that this is not a tip. Owner seems more invested in his bottom line than he is about keeping quality employees, and definitely plays the favorites game. If you are looking for a job that will give you cash every night, be a delivery driver ... but working as an insider will just be for minimum wage, and working as a manager will only be slightly higher pay but quite a bit more frustration.

Managers need to be better at getting quality employees, and need to voice to the owner that the good employees need to be able to get raises, especially ones that have been there quite some time and pull a lot of the store's weight. The owner also needs to invest in better/modern equipment ... some locations are quite outdated.

69 Other Employee Reviews for Marco's Pizza (View Most Recent)

Mediocre job

I worked at Marco's Pizza

Pros

good food
    decent money if you make good tips, but bad hours if you want to make money
    flexible

Cons

never get out on time
    pay

higher better staff

Worst experience in my 25 years of food service

Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - General Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Marco's Pizza full-time (less than a year)

Pros

There are not any positives for this particular franchise

Cons

The owners have no previous restaurant experience. This is apparent in the unrealistic and unprofessional manner in which they try to run the business.

The owners have been through 5 GMs in a year so I guess my advice would be to any manager...RUN and find a company with some stability and a sound foundation to build a career with.

There are newer employer reviews for Marco's Pizza