Marcum Search

www.marcumsearch.com
  www.marcumsearch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marcum Search

Great place to work, very entrepreneurial

Current Employee - Recruitment Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Recruitment Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Marcum Search full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Marcum Search is a subsidiary of Marcum LLP so you have the boutique feel with the corporate backing. It is a very hands-off management style with an excellent commission structure. Of all the agencies I have ever worked for, this is the only one where management doesn't just sit in their office delegating, rather they run a full desk themselves and you can hear them on the phone recruiting alongside everyone else. There is no division between "levels" and everyone is on an even playing field. As much effort as you put into your job here, you get back 10 fold. Staff is fun and everyone gets along, making for a great environment! A very work-hard, play-hard mentality.
Another HUGE Pro is the understanding from management that sometimes things come up in life and you need to leave early or come in late, etc. You aren't interrogated if you have to call out one day. You are treated like a professional. You would be surprised that this is not a given at many agencies.

Cons

For me personally the only Con is the office location for the commute- but it is very centrally located by Grand Central with lots of restaurants, shops, public transportation, etc.

Keep it up. Happy employees make more money

11 Other Employee Reviews for Marcum Search (View Most Recent)

Completely Incompetent

Former Employee - Recruiting Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiting Director in New York, NY

I worked at Marcum Search full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Their checks clear. That's about it.

Cons

Here are the resources they offer to their Recruiters: ONE login to a Recruiter level LinkedIn account, TWO logins to Monster and TWO logins to Careerbuilder. And this is for an entire company of Recruiters. Then they decided that the LinkedIn account was too expensive, so they told the Recruiters that they would have to upgrade their accounts and pay for them themselves out of pocket. At least they threw us a bone by reimbursing us at the end of every month, but how does anyone in the staffing industry do business like this? Their numbers were always horrible, they were always behind revenue goals, and the two simpletons that run the operation in NYC spent more time hollering at each other using foul language than trying to improve this pathetic operation. I got out the minute I was offered a contract position. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

This company has management? That's news to me because I certainly didn't see any - Unless you found them outside the building taking an inordinate amount of cigarette "breaks."

Unethical and horribly managed !

I worked at Marcum Search full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I truly can not think of any. Anything I thought was a pro during the interview process turned out to be lies! - - upper management has no idea how to manage or how executive recruiting works!

Cons

Unethical - incompetent senior and regional mangers - Marcum Search is giving Marcum LLP a bad name - Marcum LLP should rethink their alliance with Marcum Search.

Resign is the best advice I can give them ---