There are newer employer reviews for Marcus Hotels

Don't work in reservations

Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Marcus Hotels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Travel discounts like hotels and stuff

Cons

Schedule constantly changes, you can not plan your life.
Pay is very low for a call center.
Clear favoritism to agents who had kids with scheduling and who was allowed to be re-shopped compared to those who were suspended.
We are expected to know multiple cities, hotels and detailed information with the worst computer technology compared to other call centers. My computer freezes all the time when I am talking to a guest. They let the good agents leave like our old leads and supervisors. Some agents don't even answer calls they just put a guest on mute and then hang up. Others have told our managers, but nothing happens...This place is going downhill .
The company also only gives annual raises, not based on performance!

Manage things, I am sure they are great outside of work.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Marcus Hotels (View Most Recent)

12 Year employee who loves the culture

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Marcus Hotels (more than 10 years)

Pros

Marcus has a great company culture and is the perfect size for someone who wants to work for a large firm that still has a smaller company approach. The connection between the two divisions, movie theaters and full service hotels, is enjoyable and interesting to be around as well. Marcus has a large number of long-term employees due to their focus on their associates and promotion from within.

Cons

Marcus is not big company so their health insurance costs can be a bit higher and there is a vesting period you have to work through to be eligible for for the match they make to your 401k. Overall the benefit package is competitive but is not something that will likely make someone want to leave one company to join Marcus unless the other company is pretty small. Additionally, the work life balance can be tough in the hospitality industry but that t is the nature of the business, you have to work when others want to be out enjoying themselves on weekends and holidays.

The people are the best reason to work here

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Marcus Hotels full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Marcus family is still very involved and this company spends the time to find great personalities to work for their hotels. They also recognize the employees that want to grow in the industry and do what they can to help.

Cons

More revenue driven lately causing a heads in beds affect and not making ownership spend the money where the hotels really need it because they are aging buildings and cause guest dissatisfaction.

There are newer employer reviews for Marcus Hotels