Marcus Hotels

There are newer employer reviews for Marcus Hotels

Don't work in reservations

Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Reservation Agent in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Marcus Hotels full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Travel discounts like hotels and stuff

Cons

Schedule constantly changes, you can not plan your life.
Pay is very low for a call center.
Clear favoritism to agents who had kids with scheduling and who was allowed to be re-shopped compared to those who were suspended.
We are expected to know multiple cities, hotels and detailed information with the worst computer technology compared to other call centers. My computer freezes all the time when I am talking to a guest. They let the good agents leave like our old leads and supervisors. Some agents don't even answer calls they just put a guest on mute and then hang up. Others have told our managers, but nothing happens...This place is going downhill .
The company also only gives annual raises, not based on performance!

Manage things, I am sure they are great outside of work.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Marcus Hotels (View Most Recent)

A Company That Cares

Former Employee - Front Desk in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Marcus Hotels full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You feel valued on a regular basis by management for just doing the basic duties of your job because hospitality is hard work and they understand that. Your voice is heard through one on ones with your manager, lunch with the GM, and an HR office that wants you to stop in just to chat. There are great benefits, not as good as they used to be, but that is the directions all companies are heading. It's a very professional atmosphere where everyone is treated fairly and you don't have to worry about being bombarded with inappropriate comments or behavior from your coworkers because management provides clear expectations and lead by example.

Cons

Benefits, such as vacation, are not as good as they used to be. Opportunities for advancement are extremely limited.

On the hotel level, corporate should trust in their management teams to be discerning enough to create opportunities for their employees. It is far less costly to keep a team member than to hire a new one, everyone knows that, but no one practices it.

Boys club

Former Employee - Loss Prevention in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Loss Prevention in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Marcus Hotels full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nothing positive to say here

Cons

Racist, sexist and overall hates anything that isn't a white male. Pays slightly above minimum wage. HR was rude and actually said "deal with it" when complained about the boys club. If they don't like you, they will be out to get you.

Hire people who actually have a degree or experience in management. Make sure they aren't addicts of some kind.

There are newer employer reviews for Marcus Hotels