Marcus & Millichap

www.marcusmillichap.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Marcus & Millichap

Marcus & Millichap - A good starting place.

Current Employee - Brokerage Administrator in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Brokerage Administrator in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Marcus & Millichap

Pros

Marcus & Millichap has a great name and reputation associated to the company. It is a great springboard for experience in commercial real estate. They also have year end incentives for the top agents. The training offered can be helpful for those just starting in the industry.

Cons

Marcus & Millichap is very corporate. They have created their system for doing things and will not venture far from their box. So, getting things changed or adopting a new method is at times a difficult maneuver.

Senior Management needs to be more consistent and reward employees financially for good effort.

190 Other Employee Reviews for Marcus & Millichap (View Most Recent)

Working for Marcus and Millichap was a rewarding experience.

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Marcus & Millichap

Pros

Marcus and Millichap is a huge player in the real estate industry. The company itself is comprised of several subsidiaries, each of which specialize in a specific sector of real estate. Working in the headquarters allowed me to learn about the intricacies and operations of many of these companies. All of the employees were friendly and bright. Although most of the employees were much older than I was because I was only an intern, I had a great overall experience.

Cons

I can honestly not complain about anything during my short stay at Marcus and Millichap.

None

Stay Away!

Former Employee - Senior Investment Associate in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Investment Associate in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Marcus & Millichap

Pros

M&M is a great place to start your career in Commercial Real Estate if you don't have a sales background and you don't know anything about real estate investments. You come and go as you please and you don't answer to answer to anyone because you are an independent contractor. There is a young demographic of people that work there and people are civil with each other at the work place. The best thing about M&M is that the company has name recognition among APARTMENT owners. If you are thinking about selling retail, office, or industrial properties, this is the WRONG company.

Cons

Too many places to start. The regional manager of M&M in Palo Alto is an incredible salesmen. He was a top 10 seller in the company many years in a row and has great knowledge of the business. That being said, he is the worst sales manager I have ever encountered. The #1 thing to do if you go to interview at this firm, is interview him and what he brings to the table. Then interview all the potential Mentors/Leeches that might be assisting you in your career there. The staff is garbage there for the most part except for Monica who actually helps out the agents. Expect to do all of your own marketing packages and proposals. The regional manager takes more vacations and days off then Puff Daddy and has no interest in getting to know you, training you, or assisting in disagreements between agents. Absolutely make sure you read the agreement between you and your mentor. The regional manager will not hold the mentor accountable for the mentors responsibilities of training. In fact, he won't ask you a single time how the mentor is assisting you in your work. When you go in to this office you will notice that is is very cold and unwelcoming. This office is run exactly the way you would think someone who doesn't give two shits about his job would run an office. Poorly at best. Since leaving the company 2 other agents that I started with have quit and moved on to other firms. I highly recommend looking at other companies before this one for several reasons. Better management, better splits, and less shady to name a few. If you enjoy working in an environment where you have to hide your leads from your coworkers and you don't say hello to half the people you work for...than this might be the place for you.

Eliminate the regional manager from his position. You are losing money by having him there. He doesn't talk about anything but sports and has no idea how to be personable with the people that are going to grow this company. Do a periodic anonymous survey to see how people rate the company. Make Seniors accountable for what they sign in the mentor agreement.

There are newer employer reviews for Marcus & Millichap