Margaritaville

There are newer employer reviews for Margaritaville

Management is like Highschool

Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Margaritaville part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun At Work! Nice people

Cons

Management is more worried about who likes them or who they can sleep with than actually making employees happy on a professional level

Grow Up

14 Other Employee Reviews for Margaritaville (View Most Recent)

Too bad

Former Employee - Kitchen Manager
    Former Employee - Kitchen Manager

I worked at Margaritaville full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It has potential to be a good restaurant
    Pay is really high

Cons

Food is not good and corporate does not care. Insurance is terrible. Management is used as labor savers ( not in all locations)

Wish they would be themselves and not try to follow other restaurants leads.

Shame on you Margariaville Nashville

Current Employee - Multi-tasker in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Multi-tasker in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Margaritaville full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cool theme and venue. Could've be a fun place to work but I'm afraid we are too far gone. Most of guests are tourist, in once and then off to another Magaritaville when one is near by. Few local visitors. This is a good staff of servers. All very friendly with each other. I'm leaving as soon as I find my next serving position, though. Someplace with direction from managers, not where managers are non-existant. They stay in their third floor office and play on the computer or talk on the phone and basicly have disdain for the staff. This does'nt include kitchen mgt.

Cons

Bad, less than honest, deceitful, immature management. It is a mgt. click. We just lost our two best EMPLOEES, a manager and a supervisor with years of experience, both who loved this place and made it a better place for us to work, neither wanted to leave, they were run off on purpose, so that a hostess with zero management experience could be promoted. (Where is the corporate oversite?). Complaints are made but they fall on deaf ears and don't think there won't be retaliation by management for complaining. Our yearly company evaluations are a joke. Results come back negative but are twisted into thats just how us hourly employees think. 4 or 5 manager to run the infrequent events that we do have, while we might have a supervisor running around to see to the restaurant. Management, you do remember we have a restaurant, right?

Bring in real managers with experience, like the ones we lost, not cutesy managers who are more, much more, concerned with what they and their cohorts are wearing, where they're going to have lunch, (You work in a restaurant!!), when can they leave,(they always sneek out the side door), and why, why do you work at Margariaville if you hate the music!?!?!

There are newer employer reviews for Margaritaville