Marianos Fresh Market

www.marianosfreshmarket.com
  www.marianosfreshmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for Marianos Fresh Market

"Best of the Best" ~ NOT!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frankfort, IL

I have been working at Marianos Fresh Market

Pros

Lovely customers, better than average starting pay, workable shifts, very busy so time flies by quickly, always something to do, co-workers are friendly and willing to lend a hand.

Cons

Management is all over the place, left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Training needs to be restructured. They continue to hire new employees from outside of Mariano's instead of advancing some of the team that worked so hard to get the store up and running. It's becoming insulting.

Please be respectful of the people that have worked so hard to get the store open. It would be really nice to hear some positive feedback from the V.P.'s instead of always the negatives. We have got to be doing something right for the store to be doing well. Honor the promises that you made at hiring or do not make them. I am watching a great team of people that were once excited to be working at Mariano's quickly becoming disenchanted.

135 Other Employee Reviews for Marianos Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

stay away!!

Former Employee - Cheese Leader in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Cheese Leader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Marianos Fresh Market full-time (less than an year)

Pros

some nice people work there.

Cons

They open new stores and hire way too many people. You go to a pep rally everyone in black tie and white dress shirt, you are made to sing a katy Perry song with lyrics about Marianos, then you have to do a cheer.. after 90 days probation period they fire many employees and put ads on craigslist for part time employees, no training as a leader provided, I was hired as a cheese leader, no training ever provided, employees quiting.. left with 2 people in the cheese department on Halsted street.. Worked hard.. terible upper management.. AVOID!!

shame on you

Totally screwed and overlooked

I worked at Marianos Fresh Market full-time

Pros

A few managers exist that get to know you and want to see you succeed

Cons

Upper management is awful and is clueless to what goes on in store. Most good work is overlooked. It seems as though they only visit stores once in a while to point out all things that are wrong. Most employees hate their jobs, are over-worked, and are pressured to perform in very short periods of time (because the company does not allow overtime). Management is then left to pick up the slack and they in turn work 12-14 hour days and are in constant fear of getting disciplined by upper management. I have never been so stressed at a job before. They rarely give feedback or direction so you never know if you're doing a good job. As for training, I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. Just commands to do things.

Listen to your employees. Make them happy, it goes a long way. Offer a discount or appreciation. We work evenings, weekends, and holidays just to make YOU money and what do we get? It's unfair and sad.
    Also treat your employees with respect. Do not come into the store every 2 weeks and criticize their efforts first thing. Give positive feedback and direction.
    Hold a store meeting once in a while. Get everyone on the same page and create a sense of teamwork and excitement.

There are newer employer reviews for Marianos Fresh Market