Marianos Fresh Market

Western & Roscoe

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Cashier in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Marianos Fresh Market part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible schedules, meet great people (both employees and customers), great for students.

Cons

Can get tiresome from standing so long, scarce discounts for employees, can't leave premises on break, sometimes have you doing tasks that are not in your job description (i.e. pushing carts or helping Vero out even if you're a Cashier.)

115 Other Employee Reviews for Marianos Fresh Market (View Most Recent)

Anxiety much?

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Arlington Heights, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Marianos Fresh Market part-time for more than a year

Pros

75% of my coworkers were amazing people, the last two managers I had were awesome

Cons

25% of my coworkers were straight up dogs, everyone knows the latest gossip about everyone, always packed with people, always late on breaks, not consistent with the schedule, when Bob Mariano came to visit we all acted fake and pretended to clean our registers

Learn how to treat your employees with respect

Dead End

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Palatine, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

I have been working at Marianos Fresh Market

Pros

My coworkers, Flexible scheduling, and did I mention my coworkers.

Cons

I have been working at Mariano’s for a while now, and I have come to the conclusion that this is a dead end job. Management is intolerable, patronizing, and inconstant in what they want from their employees. I must be honest, my fellow coworkers and I have zero to no respect for management. Roundy’s is only focused on two things and two things only… to build more Mariano’s and to make sure 90% of all their employees stay under 30 hours a week. Getting promoted at Mariano’s is extremely difficult, despite what they tell you when you are first hired. The union is a nothing more than a joke. UFCW is only worried about collecting union dues and not rocking the boat with management. UFCW is no longer the strong union it once was. In fact, it’s a dying union struggling to maintain its membership. The turnover rate is high and my store’s morale has been low for a long time. Many of my coworkers see that there is no future with Mariano’s and are only there because of the economy. My coworkers are honest, loyal, and some of the hardest working people I have ever seen, and to see them so defeated and discouraged breaks my heart. Shame on you Mariano’s!

Stop being jerks! Be constant and stop changing everything around. Become more organized and STOP SWEATING THE SMALL STUFF. Everyday is like the end of the world with you people, all you do is panic and put more pressure on your workers.

There are newer employer reviews for Marianos Fresh Market

Worked for Marianos Fresh Market? Contribute to the Community!