Maricopa County, Arizona

www.maricopa.gov

I have learned a lot about public health.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsMy coworkers are all mostly very nice, caring, hard working individuals. Family-type environment. The benefits are great. Tuition reimbursement is nice. They are in the process of accreditation. Many employees have been there for a long time. Great director of Public Health. Great job experience and fulfilling serving the community needs.

ConsThe pay was low for many years. More recently there was a pay raise which brought me back up to what I made a few yrs ago, but who knows when the next one will be. Sometimes upper management can be set in their ways and not involved in taking care of problem behaviors unless you are the type of employee that calls directly to upper management each time there is a minor problem, and you have known them for years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved in growing for the better when there is a need to grow. Do to be too set in your ways. Build more policy and procedure and spend time on orienting your employees using evidence-based practice. Audit your long time employees occasionally to make sure they are providing updated quality care. Make sure you can support your employees financially for retention.

Maricopa County

Facilities (Former Employee)

I worked at Maricopa County, Arizona full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Best learning experience ever! Grew professionally. Cons: Turn over and politics. Not open to innovation Advice to Senior Management: Try innovation Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great benefits, not so great pay

Court Operations Specialist (Current Employee) East Mesa, AZ

I have been working at Maricopa County, Arizona full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: job security, great training and interesting work in the courts. Cons: the pay isn't so great. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Maricopa County, Arizona.

Worked for Maricopa County, Arizona? Contribute to the Community!