Marina Maher Communications

great learning experience

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Marina Maher Communications

Pros

I interned at MMC for one summer. I would say the positives are that i learned a lot, nice people, great culture, fun work environment.

Cons

The program was a great experience. However some of the negatives were that there was not a lot of pay and long hours

Some advice i would have is to allow the interns to learn more in the other departments, rather than just the department that they are assigned to.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Marina Maher Communications (View Most Recent)

Great Place to Build A Career

I worked at Marina Maher Communications full-time

Pros

MMC offers a great opportunity for learning and development. There are many talented people working on some of the largest women's Healthcare and Consumer brands. They also offer education at all levels to foster growth and take feedback from their employees seriously. Holmes Report voted MMC "best place to work" in 2010.

Cons

As with working in any high paced environment, tensions can flair, people may not always get along and work may not always go the way you want. But overall, this mostly female staff comes together to create groundbreaking work. Everyone is very passionate about their careers and clients.

none

A great place to grow

Current Employee - Management Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Marina Maher Communications full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have found MMC to be a warm, supportive environment where my managers truly want me to succeed. I have never felt competitive with any other staffers at my level and my success does not mean the failure of anyone else.

There is a good client roster and each account team is fairly autonomous. Senior management is very accessible and I would feel comfortable speaking openly with any senior leaders in my practice group.

Like most agencies, you get out of MMC what you put in. If you are an active member of the agency, try to interact with people beyond your account teams, participate in practice meetings, and help out with agency projects, you will do well.

Being proactive, speaking your mind, and being a team player are the keys to success.

Cons

There is definitely a distinct culture at MMC, but I happen to love it. Being a polished, detail-oriented professional is very important here.

The practice groups are a bit siloed. I'd love to see more cross-practice collaboration.

There are newer employer reviews for Marina Maher Communications