There are newer employer reviews for Maritz Canada

What a Wonderful Place to BE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Maritz Canada full-time

Pros

Having worked with other employers I can honestly say that Maritz is the most vibrant place to work and play. The spirit and energy in this organization enables me to do my best.

It starts at the Top with strong and caring executive leadership that cascades through and to the front line.

Business growth and our future together looks outstanding. The Bell is ringing a lot these with all of our new business. Yay!

The people here are super smart, way fun and client focused.

The work environment has almost everything under one roof: Fitness Centre, Cafetaria, and so much more!

This place goes the extra-mile to have fun with Halloween parties, Holiday bashes, Fiscal New-Year Celebrations, etc, while at the same time giving back to the community with compassion and heart.

Rather unusual and amazing for a 400 person Marketing Agency.
What a great culture.

I'm so proud to be part of the Maritz community.

Cons

Because of how much we do and offer to our clients under one roof, there is more complexity and more to learn about Maritz than with most other similar sized companies. In a way, it's also a strength, as long as we know all that we can do and offer :)

We need to continue to invest in our future (programs, technology, talent) that will help us grow and win even more.
Also, as we continue to grow, we need to be even more diligent and uncompromising in ensuring that the talent we attract and retain live and breathe our values at all time.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Maritz Canada (View Most Recent)

great team environment - really hard work, lots of recognition and fun, lots of career development opportunites

Current Employee - Client Services  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Client Services in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Maritz Canada full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of effort that goes into creating a culture that promotes "work hard, have fun and get the job done" Everyone rallies together as a team. There are some brilliant people that you work with and lots of commitment from people that are willing to be accountable. I like the cross section of clients - it offers unique career development opportunities. The organization vision is inspiring = To make the world a more loyal place. The spirit team do many great things including an "angel drive" to give 500 kids gifts at Christmas, everyone participates. There is a big focus on wellness with a small gym and trainer available. Really like the AEM ( All Employee Mtg) that is monthly. A veryspecial, unique culture.

Cons

It can be a complex business and often the client demands translate into needing to go the extra mile.

Focus on simplyfing the business!

great company... hard work but good fun and an amazing culture

Former Employee - Account/Client Services  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account/Client Services in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Maritz Canada full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I was reading through some of the reviews posted here and i have to say, there are a lot of bitter people out there. I have worked in several agencies/service companies over the years and i have to say Maritz is filled with exceptionally hard working and dedicated people. Very talented, creative and fun.

This organization has an amazing roster of clients across many industries. The work is diverse and challenging (sometimes tough to meet deadlines but this is the same challenge everywhere in he digital world)

The executives seem to be very connected to the organization, people and client's and i never got the impression that they were above jumping in and doing what was right for the people or their client's. Senior management is really clear about where the organization has come from and where they are going and the opportunities for employees.

The transformation of this business to address rapidly changing client and market needs has been exciting.

This organization seems to genuinely care about their employees and greater social issues of the community at-large.

Cons

This is a complex business with many different service offerings. This creates inherent bureaucracy and some turf wars.

The location is not great but there is lot's of flexibility if you set it up right.

Some of the systems seems slow and dated. Process also seems to be really cumbersome in some places - almost like a re-set is necessary to make them current with the changing business.

over-all - keep doing what you are doing - Maritz is a unique and interesting place in and environment of 'cookie-cutter' agencies.

There are newer employer reviews for Maritz Canada

Worked for Maritz Canada? Contribute to the Community!