Mark Travel

www.marktravel.com
  www.marktravel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mark Travel

A great place to work that knows how to have fun and how to get the job done.

Former Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL

I worked at Mark Travel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel benefits are abundant.
Generous time-off system to enable travel.
Prefer to hire from within.
Large organization with lots of opportunities for advancement (mainly Milwaukee corporate office).
Teams are well assembled and management cares about team and individual success.

Cons

As with many jobs in the travel industry, wages are low for the talent and skill levels.
Again, as with much of the travel industry, jobs are not secure. Changes in consumer purchasing habits often impact vacation travel first and hardest.
Upper management often fragmented on direction.
Technology and advertising providers are mainly in-house (Trisept Solutions and BVK) and overtaxed. This often led to ivory-tower decisions and long waits to get solutions.
If you work in a satellite office, opportunities for advancement are not nearly as abundant as Milwaukee.

Stop relying on today's revenue to pay today's bills. Save a significant portion of the profits to build up a nest egg to cover costs. This reduces, or eliminates, the need to borrow money and can become a revenue stream instead of a liability.

26 Other Employee Reviews for Mark Travel (View Most Recent)

My experience at TmTC was irreplaceable

Former Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Mark Travel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people , the culture the passion

Cons

Pay was okay, hierarchy Inconsistent with treatment of team member

Consistency please

Overall satisfied

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Mark Travel

Pros

I did like working for this company.<meta name="robots" content="noindex, noarchive, nofollow, NOYDIR"> There were many pros to it including freedom and ability to allow employee's creativeness shine through. Also, work life balance was definitely achievable working here.

Cons

Feedback when doing something wrong or good was not quite what I would like for it to be. So sometimes I was a little confused if I was doing the right thing or the wrong thing. Also, pay was industry average which isn't the worst thing but it would have been nice to be able to move up in salary quicker.

Have a better system when it comes to feedback. Allow for easier accessibility to move up in pay scale and responsibilities.

There are newer employer reviews for Mark Travel