There are newer employer reviews for Mark Travel

Terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mark Travel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job. Better than nothing I guess.

Cons

Low pay wages, bad working hours constantly change without propper notice, too much mandatory overtime when they need you but they cut your hours when they don' need you. The so called medical insurance they offer is a joke! with very high unreasonable deductibles. The Supervisors or Team leads are hired from outside and have no knowledge of the product and all they do is monitor your calls and critisize your calls and you get penalized for this.
No travel discounts or benefits anymore at all!
They try to appease employees by the ocasional pot luck or handing out candy bars and other worthless treats! They do not care about their employees at all.
Management has all holidays off but call center workers have to work all the overtime and bad hours.

Get real! Listen to the needs of your employees and take action!
Try to be more empathetic to the needs of the employees, if you treat us right we will give you back 150%

Mark Travel Response

Jul 17, 2014Human Resources

Hello,
We're sorry to hear about your frustrations, but do want to address them. Being in the travel industry, our call volume is always changing so we ask great flexibility of our Customer Care
... More

25 Other Employee Reviews for Mark Travel (View Most Recent)

Once a great company - uncertain future?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Mark Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bill La Macchia Sr. is an icon in the travel industry - the real deal. Sincerely dedicated to his customers and employees.

Cons

Remainder of executive leadership is hit or miss. Travel industry is extremely competitive, and some solid managers that helped transform the company have left over the past few years.

Whoever takes over for Bill La Macchia Sr. is a big question that will determine the future of the company. With only Funjet & Southwest Vacations remaining as major brands, the Trisept technology team will also need to step up to put the company back on a growth path.

A great place to work that knows how to have fun and how to get the job done.

Former Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Orlando, FL

I worked at Mark Travel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Travel benefits are abundant.
    Generous time-off system to enable travel.
    Prefer to hire from within.
    Large organization with lots of opportunities for advancement (mainly Milwaukee corporate office).
    Teams are well assembled and management cares about team and individual success.

Cons

As with many jobs in the travel industry, wages are low for the talent and skill levels.
    Again, as with much of the travel industry, jobs are not secure. Changes in consumer purchasing habits often impact vacation travel first and hardest.
    Upper management often fragmented on direction.
    Technology and advertising providers are mainly in-house (Trisept Solutions and BVK) and overtaxed. This often led to ivory-tower decisions and long waits to get solutions.
    If you work in a satellite office, opportunities for advancement are not nearly as abundant as Milwaukee.

Stop relying on today's revenue to pay today's bills. Save a significant portion of the profits to build up a nest egg to cover costs. This reduces, or eliminates, the need to borrow money and can become a revenue stream instead of a liability.

There are newer employer reviews for Mark Travel