Mark Travel

www.marktravel.com
  www.marktravel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mark Travel

When This company split the "Witches of Eastwick" took over!

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL
Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at Mark Travel full-time

Pros

Getting to help people who booked vacations with this company. The 2 people in the scheduling department were great.

Cons

When I first started at Mark Travel it was different. Unicorns and rainbows. When the company split into Southwest Vacations which is where I was and Funjet in WI. It allchanged. The company started getting "upgrades" to their system. We had headphones that we could never hear people but the clients always heard everything around us. Our reservation system always crashed. Our new email system for answering emails was in beta! The company is being now run by all women and the dynamic of the workplace is off. At the end of 2012 for 3 months they cut hours to almost part time because we were so slow but WI office was slammed but they would not open up our lines to help them so we could keep our hours.In Jan 2013 they promised overtime and it never came. They could not stop roaches in that place.

Fix your system, Too many women running the place,pest control,marketing

26 Other Employee Reviews for Mark Travel (View Most Recent)

Terrible company to work for.

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Mark Travel full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a job. Better than nothing I guess.

Cons

Low pay wages, bad working hours constantly change without propper notice, too much mandatory overtime when they need you but they cut your hours when they don' need you. The so called medical insurance they offer is a joke! with very high unreasonable deductibles. The Supervisors or Team leads are hired from outside and have no knowledge of the product and all they do is monitor your calls and critisize your calls and you get penalized for this.
    No travel discounts or benefits anymore at all!
    They try to appease employees by the ocasional pot luck or handing out candy bars and other worthless treats! They do not care about their employees at all.
    Management has all holidays off but call center workers have to work all the overtime and bad hours.

Get real! Listen to the needs of your employees and take action!
    Try to be more empathetic to the needs of the employees, if you treat us right we will give you back 150%

Mark Travel Response

Jul 17, 2014Human Resources

Hello,
    We're sorry to hear about your frustrations, but do want to address them. Being in the travel industry, our call volume is always changing so we ask great flexibility of our Customer Care
    ... More

Once a great company - uncertain future?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Mark Travel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bill La Macchia Sr. is an icon in the travel industry - the real deal. Sincerely dedicated to his customers and employees.

Cons

Remainder of executive leadership is hit or miss. Travel industry is extremely competitive, and some solid managers that helped transform the company have left over the past few years.

Whoever takes over for Bill La Macchia Sr. is a big question that will determine the future of the company. With only Funjet & Southwest Vacations remaining as major brands, the Trisept technology team will also need to step up to put the company back on a growth path.

There are newer employer reviews for Mark Travel