Not as good as it used to be.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Milwaukee, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Mark Travel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers and most of the supervisors are friendly. The work is interesting. For the most part it is a good work environment.

Cons

I have watched this company invest less and less in training as the years pass. This seems to be a company wide problem, and leaves many people not able to effectively do their job. There also seems to be a disconnect between the top management and the people really trying to fulfill their policies. And there still is quite a bit of nepotism.

Start with good training, by people that know how to teach, not just someone off the floor.

Jul 17, 2014Human Resources

While we’re glad that you enjoyed the work environment, we are taking into consideration your concerns regarding appropriate training. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Other Reviews for Mark Travel

If you want to work in fear this is the place to work.

I have been working at Mark Travel full-time

Pros

1. Great strategic tools, shame as not all employees get the benefit of being trained on these.
    2. Great Wellness program
    3. Co workers were great people, almost like family, willingness to help always
    4. The owner Bill Snr is a very respected gentleman, always stops in his tracks to ask how you are. Superb person just wish his son was like that but complete opposite.

Cons

1. A lot of poorly ran departments.
    2. The owners son is a complete nut job, screams at employees, if you so much as don't share into his idea he fires you on the spot.
    3. Poor salaries, poor health ins! poor management! poor raises.
    4. There are always changes being made or different kinds so paperwork to fill out, but no one actually takes the time to monitor or track how well something is doing. No efficiency in this company at all.
    5. I have known a lot of employees who have left ad things have got so bad, a lot I know have been hospitalized due to anxiety, migraines and stress.

Bill Junior quit your day job please, you are not capable of running this company like your father did. Bill Senior is a top guy, a true legend and bill junior is no match.

Jul 17, 2014Human Resources

We are glad you find our operating system and tools helpful and we do make an effort to schedule quarterly training for team members who may use them in their daily work. Bill La Macchia is still the ... More

Good place to work

Former Employee - Internet Marketing Manager  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Internet Marketing Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Mark Travel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive senior management for new initiatives.

Cons

Define processes better for overall improvement.

Keep up the good job

Jul 17, 2014Human Resources

Thank you for the review! We are glad you had a good experience.

There are newer employer reviews for Mark Travel.

Worked for Mark Travel? Contribute to the Community!