MarkWest Energy Partners

Health Benefits are the Only Benefit at MarkWest

Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at MarkWest Energy Partners

Pros

The benefits package was excellent and cost effective to the employee. The company is attentive to employee birthdays and giving at appropriate holidays. As a whole the people at the non-mgmt level are giving/caring individuals who support one another.

Cons

The environment is extremely dynamic requiring quite a bit of flexibility. When one is given direction (often without detail) the course frequently changes making it difficult for any capable person to keep up with what's going on. In my particular case I worked for a micro-manager who set me up for failure on many levels. He would give me an assignment and before I had the opportunity to do the work he would complete it for me.

In general the company can be a great place to work. Only certain individuals need to address their managment style; giving direction with detail and then allowing the person a reasonable amount of time to complete their task. They need to realize that not all people can be as flexible without proper direction/guidence.

14 Other Employee Reviews for MarkWest Energy Partners (View Most Recent)

Best Job Ever

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at MarkWest Energy Partners as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the most relaxed, open work environments ever. I am never afraid to ask a question, and since I started everyone has been extremely helpful. Working from home occasionally is an option, which is fantastic. I actually enjoy going to work every day!

Cons

The training is non-existent. It's one of those "throw you in the pool to teach you how to swim" kind of places. The only training you really get is training on the company policies, not on your actual job duties. Many of the employees are new and so everyone is still learning.

Set up a real training program.

Great Company

Current Employee - Accounting in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Accounting in Denver, CO

I have been working at MarkWest Energy Partners

Pros

Great culture and work/life balance. Everyone is very friendly and willing to help. The company is growing very fast so there is a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Nothing to complain about here

There are newer employer reviews for MarkWest Energy Partners