Market America

www.marketamerica.com

bad work environment

Programmer (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsGreat as far as organization. Some fellow developers are good people.

ConsPoor work culture, for the following reasons: Behavior that's worse than grade school as far as bullying and rumors. This behavior seems more common across several levels of management. Little to no recognition, focusing a lot on "what can you do better." Developers are very limited regarding creativity and project ownership. We should be involved in the projects from the very beginning, so that we can share our ideas and shape the projects. But, there is little respect for us, so I'm sure they'd simply laugh at the prospect. Stressful. You'll have a hard time taking vacation during projects' closing dates. You won't get any vacation the entire month of convention if you have projects that are being pushed during it. Code review goes a little overboard, which will restrict you creatively. I think they wonder why we aren't learning using new methodologies on our own and yet prescribe everything down to us that they want us to do, and then enforce it in code review. With all of this factored in, there's just not much room for you taking the initiative to learn something great you can do, being able to do it, and NOT having to worry about code review. Also, skill wise, you will get behind here. And, to management here, your skills consist only of what you do here, which is limited to what they decide to give you. Lastly, there is lots of favoritism. If you manage to do something really great, and you aren't a favorite, then they don't really care.

There are newer reviews on Market America.

Worked for Market America? Contribute to the Community!