There are newer employer reviews for Market America

Toxic Workplace

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Market America

Pros

Good Benefit Package - Health, Dental, Vision Insurance and a 401K plan, On Site Nurse Practitioner, Employees are very friendly, Switched to a business casual dress code in 2008.

Cons

Employees get no support from Senior Management. Screaming matches between senior managers and verbal abuse hurled at employees. No ownership for mistakes, low level employees are constantly "thrown under the bus". If an employee reports the verbal abuse to HR they are told that they "belong" to the Senior VP and she can treat them anyway she likes. A toxic work environment, very unprofessional and tacky,

It is really very simple - treat your employees with respect and behave like decent human beings while in the office.

64 Other Employee Reviews for Market America (View Most Recent)

Working with a great corporate team and directors has been a life changing event, both financially and emotionally;

Current Employee - Coordinator-unFranchise Owner  in  Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - Coordinator-unFranchise Owner in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at Market America

Pros

I am able to work from home or wherever I travel, knowing that I am building an ongoing income for myself and my family, I no longer participate in the rat race that we are taught to aspire to. I travel and meet people from all over the world, all happy to be part of market america...one big very happy family..with a wonderful training system to help new comers. It is never to late to become an unfranchise owner,,,there are no limits, other than the ones we place on ourselves.

Cons

It is not a get rich quick scheme, and it takes work to build your organization, however the rewards are plentiful, It is somewhat complicated to understand in the beginning, mostly because it is so unbelievable people try to out guess the plan. It is simple once you understand the unique compensation plan.

Keep doing a great job, inspiring us and leading us towards being the #1 online shopping destination. The promises made to us are fulfilled and I look forward to the new advances that are surely coming our way with the acquisition of Shop.com.

Would not recommend

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Market America

Pros

• Benefits are great. There's also an on-site clinic, which is unique for a company of MA's size.
    • Since the pace is so frenzied, any position can really morph into anything at any time - good potential for learning new things if you work hard.
    • Great employee pricing

Cons

• Severe lack of organization - products are launched without research and are marketed in an extremely untrustworthy way, for example.
    • Near-total lack of process means a great deal of confusion and lack of accountability. Projects are rarely given owners; more frequently, they are governed by the highest paid person to make a dictate.
    • Frequent screaming matches between executives and just as frequent screaming monologues directed at employees of all levels
    • Long, long hours with no overtime or recognition
    • Very little recognition of work/life balance (have witnessed productive employees on my own team being told that the CEO/SVP "own" the employee and can treat them however management wishes)

Establish processes and procedures to make work more efficient and repeatable. Give and maintain long-term accountability for projects to specific project owners. Give non-executive management more latitude to make decisions.

There are newer employer reviews for Market America

Worked for Market America? Contribute to the Community!