There are newer employer reviews for Market Street Mortgage Corp.

Complete incompent, needs to retire. Worries to much about things that don't matter to the business. DUH!

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Finance Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Market Street Mortgage Corp.

Pros

There are none they no longer exist due to the incompetent senior management. Randy Johnson and Donnell Smith will surely try to bring down another company before they retire. Maybe they could get together with Doug Freeman, CEO of parent co. NetBank another complete idiot (remember "21 AGAIN"! well they hit it $0.21 that is not the $21).

Cons

Company failed due to the poor management at the parent company NetBank and Market Street. No jobs there anymore but there were great deals at the auction of the companies assets. LOL! They should have listened to Bubba Chiou. He was the smartest guy there.

RETIRE!!!! Don't drag anymore good people and companies down before you do.

reviews filtered by
  1. Overall, not a bad company to work for.

Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Processor in Stockbridge, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Mortgage Loan Processor in Stockbridge, GA

I worked at Market Street Mortgage Corp.

Pros

I worked with the same group of people for 13 years, so it was more like working with family.

Cons

As a branch we were fine so long as corporate management left us alone to do our jobs. Corporate was really bad about looking solely at numbers. Even though we were always profitable, they wanted us to perform much larger profits. We did good work the right way, and didn't want to be bullied into doing bad loans just to make a profit.

Stay away from bad loans. Look where it got you.

2. He made a profit when competitors had double digit losses. Whoever wrote the other review must have been bitter.

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Clearwater, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Market Street Mortgage Corp.

Pros

It was full of straight shooters. The managers I reported to treated me the best out of any company I've ever worked for.

Cons

They paid extremely low compared with same job at other companies in the local area. I'm not complaining as I am the one who agreed to the salary and raises. I accepted the pay as a trade off for a great work environment.

Since the company was folded unnecessarily by the FDIC, I guess they should give the middle finger to the regulators who overreacted.

There are newer employer reviews for Market Street Mortgage Corp.